Sorting things out

April 15, 2013

Hello ♥

I'm trying to adopt a more healthy approach to life. I don't mean in terms of healthy eating although, I suppose, that is a part of what I'm trying to do. You could say that these are New Year Resolutions except for the fact that it most definitely isn't January the first. In fact, it is very much April the fifteenth.

So why have I waited to April to implement this new approach to life I hear you ask. Well, I suppose you might ask. It's a bit presumptuous to think that is exactly what you thought after my first little paragraph, isn't it? Anyway, I digress. Why am I only just making these changes in my life after four and a half months of 2013? Well, to be honest, because I'm stuck in a bit of a rut with life. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of positives in my life and, overall, I am really happy with the way things are but, right now, I'm needing a kick up the backside to really get my life kick started.


Drink more water. 
This seems a bit of a silly, obvious thing to do but it is something I desperately need to do more of. I am incredibly bad at not drinking water. Sure, I drink plenty of fruit juice (sugar!), coffee (caffeine!), fizzy juice (more sugar and caffeine!) but I very, very, very rarely drink just plain old water. I hate tap water. I swear I can taste every last chemical that they use to purify it so we currently have a big, five litre bottle of water sitting in the kitchen for me to work my way through. I know that it is recommended you drink eight glasses of water a day but I'm only aiming to drink 3-4 glasses a day for the time being. So far so good.

Sort out an income.
The past couple of years have been really tough on the money front as since being made redundant it has been very difficult for me to get a job. If I'm honest, I'm not sure why.  I'm pretty much willing to give anything a try but I always seem to be overlooked which breaks my heart a little as I know that my fiancé has, more or less, been supporting us. I'm not sure how much longer he can put up with that! Therefore, I need to sort out an income. Whilst still applying for jobs I am looking to try and make some money selling my own crafts. I love to make personalised painted wooden signs for weddings, birthdays, babies etc. and would love to make at least a little money from that. The problem is that I haven't made a huge deal of them yet and so it's not as if I have a large portfolio to entice people. I have set up a Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/AustaraSigns , which should be receiving some more pictures soon!

Take better care of my skin.
I'm sure you all know the feeling of being too tired to run through your whole skin care routine some nights. Well, I'm ashamed to say that, recently, I have been doing this just a bit too often. Therefor, I am trying to establish a better routine as I really want to be able to go out in the summer with no make up on and not feel self conscious; something I haven't been able to do since I was about thirteen! My skin care routine will involve steaming my face with lavendar oil twice a week, washing it once a week with an exfoliating face wash and, of course, cleaning my make up from my face very night before bed. Something I'm sure many of you are guilty of too! I'll also apply my trusty face cream every day and night. Maybe I can do a proper, full blog on this sometime soon.


♥ Eat more fruit and veg.

I am incredibly guilty of not doing enough of this. I love fruit and vegetables. In fact, there are only very few types that I don't like. So why don't I eat nearly enough? Money. Fresh produce is far more expensive than buying a lot of the junk food that are in the shop. Not only that, fresh fruit and vegetables are perishable meaning that if I do forget about them they are likely to go out of date unlike that bar of chocolate that is a nice surprise when I've forgotten about it. So over the next few months I'll be looking for good deals on fruit and veg and ways to make them last longer. Another reason for the lack of fresh produce in my diet is the fact that my fiancé is so picky over every single piece of food. He would alway much rather just forgo vegetables with dinner and he isn't particularly bothered by fruit either, except from grapes. When there is only one of you wanting fresh produce suddenly it doesn't seem as worth buying. This is all about to change though. You mark my words!

Say yes more.
I don't say yes to much and this kind of limits my experiences in life. This is something that I really want to change in my life. In fact, it's so bad that my fiancé even wonders if I'm a touch agoraphobic. Whilst I have never been officially diagnosed I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and over the years I have allowed it to control what I do. No more! If I don't start opening myself up to life and new opportunities I am never going to manage to keep this blog going. Who wants to read about the same old stuff all the time? For that reason alone I need to start saying yes more. Maybe it'll make me realise I have a hidden talent or a passion for something I never thought I had. Maybe it'll mean that I will make new friends. Maybe it'll mean things will change or maybe it won't. But there's only one way to find out...
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .