Summer 2013. What I want to do

May 30, 2013

 photo image-21.jpg

Hello ♥

After the serious post yesterday, I thought I'd blog again today with some happier aspirations for the coming months.

Now that summer is almost upon us, although we aren't getting wall to wall sunshine, I'm feeling like I need to make more plans, be more proactive and really get my butt in gear. Maybe by putting these ideas and hopes out into the blogosphere it'll give me the kick I need to actually try to achieve them. Well, maybe, some of them at least. So here it goes.

♥ Wear more dresses
There once was a time when I literally owned three dresses and one skirt. Now, my wardrobe is bursting with dresses that I hardly ever wear. Of course, some of them will not be seeing the light of day this summer, like the bridesmaids dress I wore for my sister's wedding in October, but there is a tonne of dresses that need to be worn. It is my challenge this summer to wear as many of them as possible. I hope the weather is nice enough to wear them though and, in Scotland, that is unlikely. Oh, and I will blog each and every new dress I wear.

♥ Keep writing
With the many things that come up during the summer months it easy to let blog posting on a regular basis slip but not this year. Now, I know I don't write this for anyone else but I am kind of looking forward to looking back on this blog in a years time and seeing how much has changed. I'm always happy for anyone to come along for the ride but, really, this is for me. It's where I can share my hopes and plans or a place to vent, to remember the little things that made 2013 special. I want to continue this all summer.

Take pictures
I love photography. In the summer of 2010 I took a photo a day for about three months and whilst it was tough to be creative and find something new to photograph every day, I really enjoyed it. I'd hoped to do it for a year but then mundane life got in the way and it was hard to find something special to capture. Recently I saw Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter (you can find her HERE ) post the 30 Day Snap Challenge and I've decided to do it again. I'm not sure whether it'll be June or July that I do it in but I can't wait to give it a shot and hopefully I'll get them uploaded here (probably weekly). I may even share some of my favourite photos from 2010.

♥ Go on adventures
One of the best things about summer is the better weather so this year I plan to make the most of it. If the sun is out at the weekend I want to throw a picnic in the car, strap the dog in, grab my camera and set off on an adventure somewhere with Kami. I want to go to big parks, walk along the beach, show Kami the places I used to go when I was a child with my family. Over the next week or so I'm going to write a list of all the places we used to go on day trips and make it my mission to visit as many of these with the dog and Kami as possible. Hopefully, it won't just me be and Kami forever so it'll be nice to really make the most of this summer doing things just the two of us. And I might get some really nice blogs out of it too!

Even if I only do some of these things, this summer could be fantastic. I think now I better start planning in more detail! Have you got any summer plans yet? 

Until next time!

Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. Same here! I would love to do all those things this summer!

    xx stephalsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Blog!
    Check out my blog?
    http://kellyanngonsalves.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .