10 Days of Childhood #2

June 18, 2013

Hello ♥

If you don't know what this tag is or where I found it, you can read all about the 10 Days of Childhood HERE. And, of course, don't forget to join in!

Day Two: Favourite Childhood Memory

 photo 31a265e4-b0f7-4b1a-9980-24f47c7a146b.jpg


Undoubtedly I have many very fond memories of my child; great holidays, fantastic birthdays, exciting Christmases. With my head filled with so many wonderful memories you might think that to ask me to pick my favourite memory would be tricky but it isn't perhaps as difficult as it seems.

My favourite childhood memory was meeting my baby sisters for the first time. About 4.30pm on a Thursday my dad phoned the house where my eldest sister was babysitting us while my parents were in the hospital. I remember vividly that we had our snooker table up in the living room and were watching Dino Babies on the television. We were told that we were big sisters to two healthy little girls and that mum was well too. Suddenly, I panicked and burst into tears. Despite spending nine months being excited to finally no longer be the youngest, I was so scared that after all the waiting I wouldn't be a good big sister.

Later that evening our dad picked us up (after a nutritious meal of sausages and a bag of skips) and took us to the hospital. First we got to see mum and I remember thinking that she looked like someone had popped her like a balloon. The last time I had seen her was at 6am that morning and she'd had two babies inside her!

Seeing my little sisters for the first time was a bit overwhelming, even for an eight year old. I couldn't believe how tiny they were or how much I instantly fell in love with them. I remember when LJ wrapped her tiny little hand around my finger thinking that she had the cutest pudgy little hand ever. When I looked over at her twin sister TJ I marvelled at her adorable little cheeks and how tiny she looked.

The scary thing is these little gorgeous babies turn 16 in September this year. I'm not quite sure where the time has gone but I love having the memory of meeting them for the first time.

What is your favourite childhood memory? Are you taking part in the 10 Days of Childhood?

Until next time!

Remember you can now follow me on twitter @dibdabdebsblog and bloglovin'!

Follow on Bloglovin
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. Aww thats such a sweet memory. I wish I could remember meeting my brother. Great blog. Defiantly your newest fan!
    xx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by! :)

    Debi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .