10 Days of Childhood #3

June 19, 2013

Hello ♥

If you don't know what this tag is or where I found it, you can read all about the 10 Days of Childhood HERE. And, of course, don't forget to join in!

Day Three: Embarrassing Childhood Story

 photo dancing.jpg
Six year old me missing my two front teeth and displaying 
my unique dancing skills

When I was about nine years old there was a song out in the UK that had some, eh, questionable lyrics for a child to be singing.  In 1998 Mousse T and Hot 'n' Juicy released a song called ""Horny '98". You may remember it, the chorus went:
"I'm horny, horny, horny, horny
So horny
I'm horny, horny, horny"

Does it ring any bells? It's a pretty catchy little song if somewhat inappropriate for a nine year old to be wandering around singing.  Childish innocence meant that I had no idea what the lyrics were about so I don't think you can blame me for singing it.

However, my sister who would have been about sixteen at the time was horrified to hear me sing it and told me not to.  When I asked her why she wouldn't tell me and so I went in search to my dad to ask him.  My practical joker (and probably somewhat flustered) dad proceeded to tell me that the song was a silly song about unicorns.  UNICORNS! My dad lied to me and told me it was about unicorns!
 
Whilst I didn't completely believe him that it was about unicorns, I continued to sing this catchy little number much to my sister's horror.  Needless to say, when I did understand the meaning of the song I was somewhat embarrassed!

Until next time!

Don't forget you can now follow me on twitter (@dibdabdebsblog) and bloglovin'!

Follow on Bloglovin
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

3 comments :

  1. Haha, oh that's just precious. Dad's are so cute when it comes to their little girls.

    erinbulger.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. you managed to make me laugh out loud. lol

    http://www.walkoffashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Good. It is pretty funny and 100% true too! Oh the shame!

      Thanks for dropping by.

      Debi

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .