10 Days of Childhood #5

June 21, 2013

Hello ♥

If you don't know what this tag is or where I found it, you can read all about the 10 Days of Childhood HERE. And, of course, don't forget to join in!

Day Five: Favourite Children's Books

 photo 1d31e0af-0b11-496a-8bb5-f1bb495aebe2.jpg
I don't know why I have two Beauty and the Beasts or Jungle Books!

I have always been a big fan of reading. When I was little I devoured one book after the other and in high school there actually wasn't a moment when I didn't have some book on the go. Only now have I slacked off reading a bit but that is only because life just gets in the way.

I don't have any favourite children's books necessarily. Obviously Harry Potter is my favourite book series ever. I first read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone when I was eight or nine before it was the big sensation that it has become. The book belonged to my big sister, Elle, who actually read me the first couple of chapters one night and got me hooked. I didn't have my own copy of The Philosopher's Stone until my 21st birthday to complete my set!

The Disney books (pictured above) were my favourite collection of books. I was obsessed with Disney as most little girls are and thought that these books were fantastic. They even came with Mickey Mouse book ends which I still own. I've kept these in pristine condition except for the Bambi one that has been cello-taped together! I remember being little and thinking I should keep them good for my kids in the future!

 photo d8b63576-962b-481d-b4bb-66d860d3d787.jpg
I really loved poetry when I was little

 These were my favourite poetry books when I was about nine or ten. Now and again I dip into them today and read some of my favourite poems.  My favourite poem at this age was actually The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes (a poem seventeen stanzas long!) but it disappointingly wasn't in either of these books but it was in one that belonged to my mum as a child. Wynken, Blynken and Nod by Eugene Field was though and I would read it over and over again and planned to read it to my children every night before they went to sleep!

 photo ea7f2c8e-8a23-4313-bf98-11d79c854f2e.jpg
The real classic fairy tales

I loved dipping in and out of this book when I only wanted a little something to read. It's always interesting to hear the original stories of classics like Hansel and Gretel and The Little Mermaid and not the Disney versions. My favourite of all the stories in the book was The Twelve Dancing Princesses by the Brothers Grimm.

Tell me about your favourite books as a child in the comments. I love hearing from you.

Don't forget you can now follow me on twitter (@dibdabdebsblog) and bloglovin'!

Follow on Bloglovin
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. I use to read Disney books all the time as a child and I believe we had the same ones you have! :) My favorite one was Beauty and the Beast <3
    xoxo -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. That's weird. Beauty and the Beast was always my favourite!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .