10 Days of Childhood #6

June 22, 2013

Hello ♥

If you don't know what this tag is or where I found it, you can read all about the 10 Days of Childhood HERE. And, of course, don't forget to join in!

Day Six: Best Present You Received As A Child

 photo image-59.jpg
Biscuit, one of my favourite teddies growing up

I've been thinking about this one since I first saw this tag and, to be honest, I still haven't come up with an answer for you. Were all your presents that bad?  Well, actually, it's actually the complete opposite. I loved all my presents. Not only because they were actually pretty cool things that I really liked but because I had been taught to be gracious and thankful for receiving a gift. That sounds harsher than I mean but as a child I was always made to believe that it's the thought that counts and to this da I really believe that. So, instead of telling you my best present, I thought I'd share with you a couple of my favourite toys I had growing up which were, incidentally, given as presents!

My Wendy House
One year for Christmas when I was about five years old I got a Wendy house that I completely adored. It was made from these little plastic sticks that you had to connect together and then you put a special cloth made to look like a house over it. None of you fancy-schmancy plastic houses for me thank you very much. I can't find it online anywhere but I think I have a picture of it somewhere at my parents house. I loved playing in it but I think my dad hated it as he always had to build it up for me!

Tamagotchi 
Right, I think this was not actually a tamagotchi but an imitation, all the same it was really similar to how a tamagotchi worked. You know, you got a "pet" you fed it, played with it and generally kept it alive. Only this one wasn't egg-shaped like regular tamagotchis but shaped like a dog. I played with it tonnes until one of the little buttons fell out. Does anyone remember these? I can't find any trace of them and don't remember exactly what they were called! I'm worried I have made it up! Help.

Puppy in my Pocket
I loved puppy in my pocket, the nineties version of course! I used to line them all up (I had tonnes of them!) and make them "walk" one by one across the room on adventures over tables, under chairs and anything else that was in the way. I even remember the names of my first collection! (Lucky, Joy, Shera, Hannah, Zsa Zsa and Gabe, if you're wondering). It's amazing the imagination a small child has! I wonder if my parents still have my collection somewhere....

Until next time!

Don't forget you can now follow me on twitter (@dibdabdebsblog) and bloglovin'! So head over now and follow me, please!

Follow on Bloglovin
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

1 comment :

  1. Hello Bloggers!
    Im a masters student writing a thesis about bloggers.
    Please take just 5 min to fill out this survey for my research: :)

    https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_enaIMs6a2mA3owd

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .