L'Oréal Studio Matt and Messy Shine Free Sea Salt Spray

June 21, 2013

 photo 8563e96f-c686-4e0a-8824-9c495cb6e2b8.jpg

 photo e26d769e-be61-4579-8767-7ae08673c8f8.jpg

Hello ♥

With summer on our doorstep (somedays) I have been looking to achieve that sun kissed, relaxed , casual look that I love in the summertime, particularly with my hair. Recently I ran out of my favourite sea salt spray by VO5 Surf Style and was pretty disappointed to hear that they had discontinued it at some point or, at the very least, it was impossible to find. I loved the texture and lift that it gave my hair as well as the nice price tag that came with it. I'm not a high-end brand kind of girl (mostly because my bank balance wouldn't like it) and so I was in search of something fairly cheap and cheerful that would do the job as well as my VO5 spray. That's when I found L'Oréal Studio Matt and Messy Shine Free Sea Salt Spray.

Whilst the name might be a bit of a mouthful, I thought that for the price of £3.50 (Asda) the sea salt spray was actually pretty good.  The first thing I noticed about the L'Oréal Studio sea salt spray was the cute packaging.  I love the dinky little 150ml round bottle that it comes in. It is a simple design that won't take up a lot of precious space on your travels. The fragrance is, overall, fairly pleasant but I did think it had a bit of a chemical smell to it and not the nice summery scent that I had been hoping for.  Don't get me wrong it isn't offensive by any means; it's just not the smell of summer to me.

The bottle states that you can achieve a sexy beach look with the spray which adds "extra-lift and definition" but with "no greasiness, no weighing down" and I'd have to agree. Spraying this product in my hair did give it more volume and texture but without leaving my hair feeling greasy or really crispy which I hate. However, I was a bit disappointed that the sea salt spray didn't give me enough of a lift throughout the day whenever I scrunched my hair.

The directions suggest spraying it onto dry or damp hair and ruffling for an "instant texturising effect" and for waves defining sections and twisting with your fingers. Naturally, I did what it says on the tin and tried these methods but, to be honest, I was a little disappointed.

To get any good waves, I had to wash my hair and then apply the sea salt spray onto sections of damp hair before twisting and pinning them to my head and keeping them in overnight. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see how my hair looked in the morning. My hair has a tendency to lose curls and waves quite quickly but I was really pleased to see that these waves held all day. When applied to dry hair I felt like it didn't do much for me unless I'd already styled my hair.

My preferred method with this spray is to style my hair in waves with my straighteners before giving my hair a good spritz and scrunch to make my hair look a little less perfect and turn me into more of a bed-head, beach goddess (I wish). Whilst scrunching throughout the day didn't perhaps give me the kind of lift or mess I wanted, the spray did leave my hair shine free and texturised and kept the waves in my hair.

Overall I think that L'Oréal Studio Matt and Messy Shine Free Sea Salt Spray was really good for the budget price tag and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive way to get a tousled look. It did, indeed, leave my hair texturised without making it crispy or greasy which is important to me. Whilst perhaps it's not as great as the product I had been using, it makes a good replacement that I'll definitely be using throughout the summer.

Do you use sea salt spray in the summer? If so, what ones would you recommend?

Until next time!

Don't forget you can now follow me on twitter (@dibdabdebsblog) and bloglovin'!

Follow on Bloglovin
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. Ooh I haven’t come across this, but sounds great. Might have to go check it out now xx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful review dear <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .