Recipe | Spaghetti Carbonara

June 30, 2013

Hello

This was really meant to be last Sunday's post but I was far too unwell to write it so I have saved it for today! To make sure we see each other regularly my family and I take turns each weekend to host an afternoon and evening with dinner included.  It kind of goes, my parents' house one week, my sister's house the next, mine after that and then a week off. We all bring a little something to contribute to the dinner.  Last week it was my turn so I made my Spaghetti (or rather pasta) Carbonara for nine people! My parents supplied some yummy bread, my sister baked some great cakes and we all had a lot of fun.

This recipe is super simple and quick to make. It doesn't take a lot of preparation and its simple o multiply (or divide) the quantities to get the right amount for the number of guests!

Spaghetti Carbonara (serves 4)

 photo image-74.jpg

450g of spaghetti (or pasta)
225g rindless pancetta or streaky bacon chopped
4 eggs
5 tablespoons of single cream
Salt and Pepper
Grated Parmesan (we just used the Red Leicester we had)
Petit Pois (optional)

Cook the spaghetti (or pasta) for about 8-10 minutes in some lightly salted water until tender but still firm to the bite. Meanwhile fry the bacon on a medium heat, draining the fat from them about half way through cooking.  (I like to cook the bacon until it is slightly crispy.) 

Whilst this is cooking crack the eggs into a bowl and add the single cream. Beat together and then add salt and pepper to taste. Cook the petit pois as the packet states, normally for about five minutes. 

Once all ingredients are cooked drain the pasta, returning it to the pot. Then add the bacon, drained petit pois and egg mixture to the pot. Stir well while adding a bit of grated cheese.  Serve and sprinkle with some more grated cheese.

Cooking time: approximately 10 minutes
Contains raw egg!


Would you like me to do more posts for the new meals I make for these wonderful family days? Let me know! I promise that next time I'll make sure to take lots of lovely pictures of the ingredients and meal.

Until next time!

Hey, did you know that you can now follow me on twitter? (Say what?!) I'm @dibdabdebsblog so please come and follow me. I like to chat there a lot. Also, I have bloglovin' so if you are looking for a super awesome way to see when I post new blogs head over there now by clicking the button below and give me a little follow. It would make my day!
Follow on Bloglovin
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .