Sunshine, Dogs and BBQs

June 10, 2013

Hello

I know this is a day late but I had such a busy weekend that I never got around to writing yesterday. Plus, I didn't have access to a laptop to upload some pictures from our adventures so even if I'd had the time to write it would have looked a lot more boring.

 photo DSC01731.jpg

The sun was shining and it was blue skies all round this weekend and so I really wanted to make the most of it. As you may know from a previous post, I'm trying to go on lots of mini adventures this summer with my fiancé and our pooch. Now these don't have to be at all exciting but it's just a way to get us out the house and doing something together.

 photo DSC01721.jpg
Strathclyde Country Park

On Saturday the dog, fiancé and I jumped in the car and headed to another country park neither of us had been to before. Essentially, it was another park that had lots of walks only this time these walks were around a man-made loch. It was too hot to walk for too long and the poor wee pooch was panting like a maniac. We ended up sitting on the grass in the sunshine watching other dogs run in and out of the loch whilst ours rolled about on the grass to keep cool.

 photo DSC01725.jpg 

Whilst it wasn't as great a place as last week's adventure the sun was shining, it was nice and toasty and we had fun! I was a little disappointed that it felt so busy as on our walk last weekend at Chalterhault Country Park despite there being lots of people there we barely met anyone. There aren't many photos because I always feel self conscious pulling out my camera and snapping away. But I promise to get better at it as the summer goes on.

Yesterday my parents decided to have a barbecue and invite us round.  With three dogs running around the garden and nine people it was a bit chaotic but, to be honest, that's just my family in general.  I liked being able to have a good old girly chat with my sisters in the sunshine.  As much as I love living with my fiancé sometimes I miss not having access to my sisters' wardrobes anymore or being able to talk about all girly related things. The food was great and there was plenty of chat and laughter. It was really a perfect weekend.

Little puppies

   photo DSC01758.jpg 
In the sun with my pooch
 
 photo DSC01768.jpg 
Playing "Hive"

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. What did you get up to this weekend?

Until next time!

Follow on Bloglovin
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .