What I'm Loving This Week #4

June 27, 2013

Hello ♥

Time for another What I'm Loving This Week already? Seriously, where has June gone?! It's almost July which is my birthday month (woop woop!) but even that is making me wonder where the last twenty-four years have gone! Anyway, I did a music edition last week so if you missed it and want to see it you can find it HERE. Anyway, onto this week!

001. Television: Les Revenants (The Returned)
This is an absolutely fantastic French drama based on the 2004 French film Les Revenants (English: They Came Back). Essentially, people who have been dead for years come back to life but not in the regular zombified fashion but, rather, as they once were and try to fit back into society. It's so great I almost forget I'm even watching it in French and reading subtitles. I'm dying to know where it's headed. It's on Channel 4 on Sundays at 9pm and this week will be the fourth out of eight episodes but you can catch up on 4od.

 photo DSC01807.jpg
002. Book: Sister by Rosamund Lupton
When Beatrice gets a frantic call in the middle of Sunday lunch to say that her younger sister, Tess, is missing, she boards the first flight home to London. But as she learns about the circumstances surrounding her sister's disappearance, she is stunned to discover how little she actually knows of her sister's life - and unprepared for the terrifying truths she must now face.
The police, Beatrice's fiance and even their mother accept they have lost Tess but Beatrice refuses to give up on her. So she embarks on a dangerous journey to discover the truth, no matter the cost.
My younger sister passed this book onto me once she had finished reading it and told me it was great. If I'm honest I struggled to get into it and almost gave up at the fifty page mark. When I told my sister she persuaded me to persevere and I'm so glad I did. Literally three pages after I was about to stop things got really interesting and I couldn't put it down.

003. Favourite website: Twitter
I've had my own personal twitter account for ages but only just started up another one this blog. Being nosey, I'm loving seeing what other bloggers are getting up to that might not make it onto their blogs. Whilst I don't have particularly interesting things going on with me on a day to day basis, I still enjoy sharing what im up to as well! I'm also just really enjoying seeing my followers grow (slowly).

 photo DSC01822.jpg
004. Favourite beauty product: L'Oréal Paris Color Riche 
I love this nail polish in 403. Femme Fatale. After taking a week or two off from painting my nails I pulled this out and was super pleased at how smoothly it went on with its wide brush as well as how quickly it dried! I was going out about fifteen minutes later which normally means smudged nails but not this time! Lovely!

005. Favourite Meal: Carbonara
At the weekend I had to cook for nine people including myself as my parents and five sisters (with their two puppies) descended on us for an afternoon and evening of organised chaos. My go-to meal for such occasions is my super easy carbonara which I was going to do a post about on Sunday but I was too ill. I might still pop up the recipe sometime soon but I have no nice pictures as I forgot to take one!

What have you been loving this week? Feel free to share the wonderful things in your lie with me!

Until next time!

Don't forget you can now follow me on twitter (@dibdabdebsblog) and bloglovin'! With Google Reader disappearing, I have heard that GFC may well be doing the same on the first of July so head over to bloglovin' now and follow me, please! I don't want to lose any of you lovely readers.

Follow on Bloglovin
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .