June Empties

July 05, 2013

Hello ♥

I'm ridiculously nosey and, therefore, I love having a wee peek at what everyone else is buying or using and "empties" are one of my favourite posts to read. I decided I wanted to get in on the action and do one of my own. Original, I know. I'm not sure if this will be a monthly occurrence as it really just depends on how quickly I go through my products.

If I am honest, I rarely use any big name brands. This is mainly because I don't have the money to spend on over-priced products when I really just cant justify it. As much as I love beauty and fashion paying the bills always has to come first.

Anyway, this month I have five empties and I'm disappointed that two of them I won't be able to purchase again. All the same, I thought I would share them with you.

 photo DSC01854.jpg  photo DSC01855.jpg  photo DSC01856.jpg 

001. VO5 Extreme Style [Surf Style] Texturising Sea Salt Spray
I bought this a couple of years ago, used it once, didn't really like it at the time and left it in my stash for ages. Then I started using it earlier this year and fell completely in love with it only to find out it has seemingly since been discontinued. I was not happy. I loved its summery fragrance and the fact that it didn't leave my hair greasy or crispy feeling. Oh, and the volume it gave my hair was amazing. I have found a replacement sea salt spray from L'oréal Studio and you can find my review for it HERE.

002. Garnier Fructis Strength and Shine Shampoo
I'll be honest I rarely change my shampoo and this is somewhat of a staple for me. I had a bit of trouble for a while where, no matter what shampoo I used, my hair never felt clean. This shampoo not only cleans my hair well, it smells great and keeps my hair strong. I don't have nearly as many split ends as I used to despite frequent styling!

003. Garnier Skin Naturals Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream
I'd never tried a BB Cream until my sister bought this for me. It states that it "Evens tone and boosts glow, blurs imperfections, smoothes fine lines, has 24 hour hydration and contains SPF 15 UV protection." I used it mainly instead of a foundation and whilst it provided good coverage after a few hours wear  I found that it made my skin look a bit greasy, particularly when it was warm. I did like the fact that it had SPF 15 in it as I am hopeless with always putting sun cream on my face! I think I'll repurchase this but probably closer to winter when its less likely to make me feel so greasy!

004. Pure 3 in 1 Makeup Removal Face Wipes
These were a surprisingly good buy this month and I will be looking to pick some more up before I go on my little holiday in August. I did a review for these wipes HERE if you fancy finding out more about them.

005. Imperial Leather Pomegranate & Star Flower Limited Edition
I'm unbelieveably disappointed that this was only limited edition. My parents bought me this for Christmas (along with lots of other goodies, of course)and I wish I had known how much I liked it as I'd have bought another bottle before they stopped making it! Not only did it leave my skin feeling clean and smooth, it smelt amazing. Seriously, so good.

Until next time!

Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

7 comments :

  1. I love your blog, definitely following now!

    http://defygames.com/Play-Ghoul%20Escape-1009

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm now going to go find and try those face wipes next time I'm out, just read your review post on them too :) Bargain xx

    Holly | http://touchofcrimson.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should. They are such a bargain and I live bargains!

      Debi

      Delete
  3. great empties post! following your blog now :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the Garnier BB cream and it was too greasy for me too, I gave it to a friend and decided to try the new formula for oily/combination skin - the formulation is really amazing, but the "light" colour is way too orange for me so I think I will have to give it to someone too :) such a shame, because I really wanted to like them!

    I just started doing the empties too (yay for being original ;) ), here: http://7hillsofbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/07/my-glorified-trash-empties.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a shame it's a bit greasy. I think it'll be ok for me in the winter though when the weather isn't as hot. I might give it a try again then!

      Debi

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .