Mini Summer Haul

July 08, 2013

Hello ♥

Not having the best start to the week! Woke up this morning to find out that we have no water thanks to a burst water main. Hopefully we'll have it fixed by this evening. It is so strange not to have water just waiting for you. Anyway, today I thought I'd do a little early summer haul as at the beginning of July the other half and I went shopping for my sister's birthday presents and ended up picking up a few bits and pieces for ourselves.

If you're expecting lots of new clothes and tonnes of beauty products I'm afraid you will be disappointed. After all, I do think that this is more of a lifestyle blog with some beauty and fashion. Despite loving both fashion and beauty, I have only bought essential make up and two pairs of jeans for myself over the past two years. I am fortunate that when my birthday and Christmas rolls around I have a very generous family that buy my lots of these things.

Anyway, I did grab a couple of beauty products as you can see but only because I needed them. Everything else is picnic related stuff. Is it lame if I'm so excited that the other half and I are finally putting our own wee picnic set together? Probably. I know it shouldn't make me this excited anyway. What am I? 40?

 photo DSC01878.jpg

001. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation 200 Soft Beige (currently in Asda for £4.98)
There have been so many great reviews of this foundation that when I needed a replacement I just had to pick this up.  I am pleased to say it didn't disappoint. I'm so happy with the coverage and the healthy glow that it gives me.

002. MUA Bronzer Shade 3 (Superdrug, £1)
Again, I've been wanting a new bronzer for a while, one that wasn't orange or loaded with shimmer so I thought I'd try it out. I can be a bit picky with bronzes and with a small budget I didn't want to spend a lot on a bronzer I wouldn't like. I didn't feel guilty about spending £1 on this and it actually is pretty good.

003. Primark Beauty Cosmetic Pads (Primark, £1)
Super exciting, I'm sure you'll agree. I needed some new ones for removing makeup and nail polish. I just scooped these up as I noticed them at the till while buying a birthday present for my sister.

 photo DSC01860.jpg

004. 15L Foldaway Cool Bag (Asda, £3)
I know this shouldn't make me excited but it does. It makes me feel so grown up (in a good way) to have our own wee cool bag for picnics and day trips. It has thermal insulation and easy clean lining which is PVC and lead free. The blue was much nicer than the fluorescent green they had to offer.

005. Cool Blocks (Asda, £1 for 2)
You can't have a cool bag without cool blocks now can you? Don't be ridiculous!

006. Smart Plastic Cups and Plates  (Asda, £1 for each pack)
I did want proper little tumblers and proper little plates but they didn't have any nice ones so I had to settle for these but they are blue and so they match with everything else. They are disposable but because they are plastic I suppose you can wash them and get a purple of uses out of them first.

Anyway, I know it isnt the conventional kind of haul but I hope you enjoyed my mini summer haul. If you'd like me to do another haul post for my birthday in a couple of weeks' time just let me know. There'll possibly be more fashion and beauty related things then!

Until next time!

Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. I have heard a lot of great things about Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, but do you know if it's good for oily skin types? :)

    xoxo -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say I have probably combination skin and I have no problem with it at all. I've used foundations in the past that make me look really greasy once I've worn it for a couple of hours or get too warm but the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation leaves my skin looking really natural. Not greasy at all!

      Debi

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .