Surprise Wednesday Post | I Heart Summer Tag

July 17, 2013

Hello ♥

Any of you who have been following me will know that I really don't tend to post on a Wednesday. This is for two reasons: 1. I'm usually seeing family on a Wednesday and 2. I think it is good to take a day off blogging if I don't have anything good to say so as to avoid boring you!

That being said, the next little while might be hectic with birthdays, anniversaries and the other half having a week off from work starting Friday. Woo for staycations! What an awful word. Therefore,  thought I'd do a little surprise post and make it the I Heart Summer tag which I saw on Lolly's Nail Paints. The sun finally graced us with its presence last week and although we've had a couple of cloudy days this week I still feel summery.

Lets get cracking!

001. Favourite bronzer for summer?
I can't say I have a favourite, per se, as I really haven't tried a lot of bronzers. Currently though I am using MUA shade 3 and for £1 I think it's great. It isn't sparkly which is good and it doesn't make me look dirty which was a real worry of mine!

002. You're relaxing on a hammock on a tropical island, what would you be sipping on?
I only enjoy an alcoholic drink once in a while so I can't imagine me drinking anything alcoholic. I think it would have to be an ice cold ginger beer, please. 

003. Favourite summer lip product?
I never wear much on my lips regardless of the season but to keep them hydrated and smooth I use Vaseline Rosy Lips. It gives a very subtle pink tint and leaves my lips feeling soft without being sticky.

 photo 135a1641-183d-4b33-963a-7fbaab2634dc.jpg 
Taken back in 2006 on Parnu beach, Estonia 

 004. Pool or beach?
Beach. For as long as I can remember I've been a beach kind of girl. It can be a nightmare though as my other half is definitely more of a pool kind of guy. I don't swim though so I'd much rather be able just to wander about in the sea with the water reaching my knees or whatever. Sometimes there's gross things in the sea though...

 photo e26d769e-be61-4579-8767-7ae08673c8f8.jpg  

005. Summer = crazy hair, what's your must have styling product?
It has to be a sea salt spray. I was gutted when I found out VO5 Surf Style no longer did the sea salt spray I loved. I have replaced it with one from L'Oréal Studio and you can find my review for it HERE.
 
006. Sun bathing or fake tanning? 
I don't really do much of either. I don't tend to deliberately tan. If I'm out and about I'm always wearing SPF30 in the summer but my skin still tans. The ability to tan without trying is just something I've inherited from my mum.


 photo DSC02107.jpg  
 Sadly this is my entire Barry M collection! Say what?


007. Favourite summer nail polish?
This summer it's probably Barry M's Nail Paint in 334 Teal. It is such a pretty colour that goes with almost anything I'm wearing plus it applies so nicely!

008. Any summer traditions?
Not really. I think it's all bout making the most of the summer whilst it is here a in Scotland it doesn't tend to last! This tends to include having at least one BBQ, taking day trips to parks, eating lots of ice-cream and visiting a beach.


 photo image-34.jpg  
009. Favourite summer scent?
It has to be Paul Smith - Rose. I've been using it the summertime for a couple of years now and I still love it!

010. Favourite BBQ food?
 Probably the burgers. I love that BBQ taste!

011. Favourite summer proof makeup?
I'm not sure actually. Probably just a trusty lip balm like the Vaseline Rosy Lips mentioned above. 

012. Any summer vacations planned? 
I haven't been abroad since 2009 but have had little holidays in Scotland. We are going away with all of the other half's family for a couple of days to the north of England at the start of August. Nothing fancy but it is his day's 55th birthday and he wanted us all to have a little break. Can't say I'm complaining!

So that's the I Heart Summer tag. I hope you enjoy it and I tag all of you to do it too!

Until next time!

Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. you certainly did this tag a lot quicker than i took to do it! fingers crossed the weather is going to stay hot so you'll have a great holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I am hopeful of at least some dry weather for our little holiday. So we can at least get some nice walks with the dog!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .