Tuesday's Thought of the Day #6

July 09, 2013

Hello ♥

I'm always pretty pleased when Tuesday rolls around. We are almost midway through the week and I get to search through my little bank of quotes to find a thought of the day. And I do love quotes! If you missed last week's post and are wondering what I was rambling about then you can find it HERE.

 photo image-78.jpg

I know that, by no means, I am the best writer in the blogosphere. I'm still trying to work out the kinks and discover a way to let you see my personality through the words that appear on your screen. Sometimes I get it right whilst other times I do feel like I have written a bit like a five year old but don't know how to express myself any better. As I say, I'm working on it.

I have always enjoyed writing. Secretly, I loved writing essays for English. Studying and dissecting novels was one of my favourite things to do in school. My analytical writing was always better than my creative writing anyway. I remember in fourth year (aged 15) I wrote an essay on Macbeth and my English teacher was raving about it to the whole class (cringe) as I was the only one who had really excelled. Apparently, it was high enough quality to have been written by someone the year or two above me. I remember a right pain of a boy who sat in front of me sarcastically quipping "Oh, Debi should be a writer."  To which my English teacher replied, I really should.

Well, here I am now, writing my own little blog at least five times a week and absolutely loving it.  Back then, I would never have thought I would be spending so much of my time on my little, essentially unheard of, blog. I absolutely love every minute of it . I think my English teacher would be proud.

My writing style still isn't what it used to be and when I look at other blogs I so desperately want to be able to write like them. I'm forever comparing when I should just focus on being proud of myself for writing again. It doesn't really matter.  As Robert Cormier said, I'm not a brain surgeon. I don't have to get it right the first time.  That's the beauty of the delete key.  Bare with me though, I will get there.

 What do you like about writing and blogging? Feel free to leave your comments below. I do love hearing from regular and new readers!
Until next time!

Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .