Tuesday's Thought of the Day #7

July 16, 2013

Hello ♥

I'm always thinking and every Tuesday I like to share with you my thought of the day! If you missed last week's thoughts about writing perfection you can find it HERE. Right, lets get cracking on with today's thought.

 photo image-85.jpg
We live in a society driven by money and social conventions that sometimes make it difficult to achieve our dreams. I don't know about you but, in recent years especially, something always comes up and gets in the way of what I really want.

If we decide to wait for the ideal opportunity when everything is perfect; finances are stable, savings are growing, it's the right time of year, the correct weather, the stars are aligned just so, we will be waiting forever. Often we set unrealistic expectations for ourselves. We think that to have x, y or z you have to have numerous things perfectly in place like somebody with OCD. Sadly, it's near impossible to achieve. 

Here's a secret I'd like to share with you. No matter how much it might look it for some people, life is not perfect. It's easy enough to look at someone's life from the outside and think they have it all. After all, they have the house, the love life, children, friends, money but I guarantee you that not everything is as perfect as it seems.

Sometimes you have to take a leap into the unknown even if you aren't quite ready. If you don't make that jump or take that step you might never get around to doing it. If I'm honest, life is for living not for sitting about waiting for the right moment.  Now, I'm not saying be reckless and spend copious amounts of money you don't have or do something dangerous whithout considering the consequences, just because you want to fulfil your dreams but don't wait for everything to be perfect. If you do chances are you'll be waiting forever.

Do you think that we are ever truly ready for anything in life? Please share your thoughts and interpretation of the quote!

Until next time!

Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. This quote is so true! I don't think we ever are ready, just need to get on and do it!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yip! I need to convince the people around me the same thing. Haha.

      Thanks for dropping by

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's a good one, eh?

      Thanks for dropping by.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .