What I'm Loving This Week #6

July 11, 2013

Hello ♥

Well here we are on week six! If you missed last week's post you can find it HERE

I could really sum up what I'm loving this week with one word: SUNSHINE! Yes, believe it or not, Scotland has been blessed with blue skies and scorching temperatures this week and I love it. Some days it has genuinely felt like I'm on holiday in Spain only I'm at home with the dog, doing housework and all sorts of mundane things.  Unlike some people you definitely won't find me complaining that it is too hot. I love being all toasty while the other half would always rather be cold! I blame my Estonian heritage as some of their summers are amazing! Although they do have really cold winters too but shhh.

 photo image-79.jpg
001. Ben & Jerry's Ice-cream
Sticking with all things summery, I am love-love-loving Ben & Jerry's ice cream. How can you not? What is better that having ice cream when the temperature is near 30? Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Caramel Chew Chew are my favourites. Yummy!

002. Family Time
I'm so fortunate I have such a fantastic family. They were away on holiday last week where there wasn't very good signal and I missed them like crazy. They were only about 250 miles away but it might have been the other side of the world. Since they've come back I've seen them twice and hope to see them later today or tomorrow. Love this lot!

003. Long Walks with the Pooch
I'll hold my hands up now and say that when the weather is horrible my other half does the dog walks. Bad Debi! Having said that, when the sun is shining I'm desperate to get out on a good old walk. We've been going to different parks and the little town my other half grew up which is lovely as we can take a trip down memory lane.


 photo image-80.jpg
004. Music: Juno Soundtrack
I loved this film with Ellen Page and Michael Cera when it came out and the soundtrack matched it so well. I love the quirkiness of the music with Kimya Dawson, Belle and Sebastian, Mott the Hoople and Buddy Holly all featuring.  I feel as though it is perfect summertime music.

005. Film: Sophie Scholl: The Final Days
I am big into my history so when I saw another blogger mention this film (can't remember who, sorry!) I decided to hunt it down and watch it.  This German film follows the last days of Sophie Scholl, a member of the German Nazi resistance movement in World War II known as the White Rose. If I am honest I had never actually heard of the White Rose resistance movement before so I was intrigued to learn their story. The acting is amazing and I was completely riveted even though I was watching with subtitles.

Until next time!

Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .