Eight years

August 18, 2013

 photo throughtheyears.jpg

Hello ♥

Yesterday, the other half and I celebrated our eight year anniversary; quite a milestone if I do say so myself.  Unfortunately the story of how we became a couple isn't romantic or even cute although we both do admit thinking the other was attractive when we first met. My other half even insists that he sent his best friend a text about me that very night. 

Nothing was to be done about it at the time though as he was currently in a relationship with my "friend". I say "friend" but I mean it in the loosest sense possible as we never really spoke but were just in the same circle of friends.  There was a ridiculous amount of drama back then amongst my group of friends for a number of reasons that I won't go into now. What followed that night was a break-up (nothing to do with me), many lengthy MSN chats, a few meet ups with a lot of flirting and six months of ups and downs. Then finally he was mine! *cue evil laugh* To be honest, I haven't looked back since.


Things I have learnt from my relationship
001.  It's easy to be in love with your best friend when you are both honest and open.
002.  If it is really worth it you'll fight through the hard times and come out stronger time and time again.
003.  You can't put an age limit on love. Yes, we are both the same age but I think a lot of people thought our relationship was in some way doomed as we met when we were so young. We proved them wrong!
004.  He knows me better than I know myself and vice versa.  I genuinely know whether or not he'll like the taste of something before he even tries it whilst he will be able to tell how I'll react in a new situation. Then there's the fact that the engagement ring he gave me when he proposed was nothing like the one I'd have chosen myself and yet it was perfect.
005. No matter how well he does a household task I will always be more satisfied if I do it myself, to my standards.
006. First Love and True Love can be the same thing.

Sorry if this was a mushier post than you were expecting (not sorry!) but I just had to mark another of our anniversaries somehow!  I can't wait until I can start counting our wedding anniversaries too!

Until next time!


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

7 comments :

  1. Awww :) how cute! Loving the pictures, it's good to see how much we've changed & I bet it's even better for you to look at them & notice your looks have changed but I bet your love for each other has grown stronger :)
    I really like the 2nd thing you've learnt, I'm still to find that relationship..when I find it,I will know how lucky I am cos it's rare :)
    Wow,sorry for the essay reply! :)
    So congratulations on your 8th year anniversary! Hope you have many more years ahead of you <3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. Yeah, it's strange to look back at these photos and see how we have changed! We've grown up and changed a lot in eight years. Luckily we've grown together and changed in ways that compliment each other!

      It isn't always plain sailing but if you are right for each other you work hard and come out stronger in the end!

      Debi x

      Delete
    2. I bet :) well that is just brilliant :) it's great to read how happy you are :)
      No, I bet it isn't always plain sailing but I bet that's what makes it worth while sometimes too :) it if was all easy peasy it might be boring :/ xxxx

      Delete
  2. Aww this is lovely :) congratulations on 8 years, it really is a milestone!!

    Lynsey xxx
    allsortsandanecdotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks lynsey. It actually makes me feel really old! Haha

    Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats :) It must be such a great feeling to be able to prove everyone wrong who thought you wouldn't last. I've been with my boyfriend for just over 6 years and everyone said we were too young and it wouldn't last and some people still think you can't love at a young age but i think it depends on the person and whether you grow up together or grow apart. You look gorgeous in your wedding picture by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I agree. Relationships fall apart at all ages. Sometimes people just aren't right for each other or don't fight for it enough. Why being sixteen meant my relationship was doomed from the outset is beyond me. We've had a great right years, can't wait for the next eight. Haha.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .