Griddled Chicken Salad

August 23, 2013

Hello ♥

I thought today I would treat you all to a new recipe I tried which was super easy to make and absolutely loved!  If you follow me on twitter (@dibdabdebsblog)  you may have seen me mention that I was looking for a yummy salad that I could make for the other half and I on our eighth anniversary.  I was having a real problem finding something that didn't have a ridiculous amount of ingredients, wasn't overly complicated to make and that we both liked the sound of.  Then I found this website and now I present to you my version of...

 photo Salad.jpg

 photo ingredients.jpg
The ingredients (serves 2)
2 skinless chicken breasts
1 garlic clove crushed
1/2 tbsp of paprika
Half the juice of a lemon (about 10ml)
1 tbsp of olive oil
2 corn cobs (we just used tinned sweetcorn)
2 little gem lettuces, quartered
1/2 cucumber, diced
Lime juice (optional)

 photo Step1.jpg

Step 1.  Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthways to give you four pieces. Mix the garlic, paprika and lemon juice with half the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the chicken and leave to marinate or at least 15 minutes. We left it for about 20 minutes.

 photo Step2.jpg

Step 2. While the chicken was marinating I prepared the salad. I washed the lettuce and quartered it before skinning the cucumber (personal preference) and dicing it. Toss the salad to make sure it is mixed.


 photo Step3.jpg

Step 3. We used a frying pan to cook the chicken rather than a griddle pan but it was pretty much the same method either way. Drizzle about half the remaining oil in the pan and cook the chicken on each side or about 3-4 minutes. Make sure that the chicken is cooked through thoroughly before serving. I then added the rest of the oil and threw our tinned sweetcorn into the pan for about a minute, stirring. If you are using corn on the cobs cook them the same way, turning evenly for about 5 minutes.  Then cut the kernels from the cob.

Step 4. Arrange your salad on your plate before topping with the chicken and the corn.  Drizzle with your choice of dressing.  Here I added a little bit of lime juice which might not to be to everyone's taste (like my other half) but I liked it.

There you have it. Super quick and really easy to make.  My other half even said that the chicken was restaurant quality and if that isn't a compliment what is?

If you have any great recipes you think I might like please let me know. I'm always looking for something new (and yummy!) to cook.

Until next time!


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. Yummy! Chicken and sweetcorn - two of my favourite things! Thanks for sharing!

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!
    I followed on bloglovin, follow mine?:)
    closetsnaps.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious! I'll be trying it out very soon :)

    Congrats on your anniversary as well! xx

    Alana Gets Healthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alana. The salad is so yummy!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .