Home Decor | Wooden Signs

August 30, 2013

Hello ♥

I like to think of myself as a fairly creative person. I enjoy writing as you can probably tell. I used to spend a lot of my time painting watercolours, predominately little fairy creations. I've dabbled in a bit of jewellery making which was always fun even if it is a pretty expensive hobby to maintain.  The thing I love doing most though is making wooden home decor signs.  There is nothing better than sitting down for a few hours and creating something that can be so meaningful and personalised.

 photo Tessa.png

If you are a fan of Pinterest or Etsy I am sure you will have seen dozens of the type I mean.  Personalised painted wooden signs that are perfect for hanging around your house or giving as gifts at a special occasion. I have made ones as gifts for new babies, marriages, Christmas. I even made a set as table name decorations for a wedding.

 photo stocking.png

With Christmas being around the corner, my fingers are itching to be making more Christmassy type ones.  Last year, I made a set of three little red stockings to hang in my house and I can't wait to pull them out again. I have lots of new ideas of different shapes and designs for this year but no one new to give them to!

 photo pawprints.png

Within the next month I hope to be able to start selling these. I have to look into a few things and control the nervous butterflies in my stomach that come with thinking about starting a business first. If you are, perhaps, interested in having some personalised wooden home decor signs created for yourself or as a gift, please to not hesitate to contact me. It would be good to know if there is indeed at least a market for them!  You can email me at dibdabdebs@hotmail.com and we can discuss what you are looking for and customisations. I have added a page Craft Corner (^up there^) to show you some of the ones I've made in the past.  I hope that you like them.

Until next time!


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. Oh my god these are literally beautiful! Absoloutely gorgeous! I wish I could make these or know of somewhere were i can pick them up as they're so warm and homely. Lovely post, thanks for sharing xx

    CharlotteHavs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) They are pretty straightforward to make, even if it takes a fair amount of time! It's a lot of fun to make them though.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .