Tuesday's Thought of the Day #10

August 06, 2013

Hello ♥

 If you missed last week's post you can find it HERE.
 photo image-91.jpg

If you follow me on twitter (@dibdabdebsblog) you will know that I am just back from my long weekend away in the North of England. Whilst it is nice to be back in the comfort of my own home instead of a caravan, I am a little disappointed that it is over. I'm suffering from the post summer holiday blues.

August always makes me feel as though the summer is over. This is due to the fact that Scottish schools tend to go back around the 15th of August and, therefore, I associate August with the dread of going back to the daily grind. Of course, it has been a long time since I was last at school (I'm old, okay!) but still the feeling remains. My birthday, my holiday, summer is over and that's a little depressing.

However, this year instead of taking the pessimistic approach to all these lovely things being over I will endeavour to instead be pleased that they happened at all.  I am so fortunate as to have had a lovely birthday this year with weeks of glorious weather - in Scotland no less. I had a whole ten days to spend with just my other half. I was taken on holiday with wonderful people when I didn't think I would have a holiday whatsoever this year. These are things to be pleased about, not disappointed that it's over!

Obviously, this can also be applied to various aspects of life. Maybe a relationship or friendship has ended. Instead of feeling down, try to see the positive that you had the chance to experience all the good times and how it changed you for the better. I know it is often easier said than done but I believe that it is better to be grateful for the little things in life.If you are feeling disappointed that something is over obviously that's only because it was such a great experience in the first place and that is something to be grateful for.

What are you disappointed about that has finished? How will you try to see the positive in its end?

Until next time!

Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .