Tuesday's Thought of the Day #11

August 13, 2013

Hello ♥

I was wondering whether or not to continue this Thought of the Day series or just to stop at ten but when I received such a lovely response from last week's post and saw how I could potentially help someone with these quotes, I decided I just had to keep going.  If you missed last week's and would like to catch up you can find it HERE.

 photo image-92.jpg

This is definitely something I need to apply more to my life.
For the past week or so I had been fighting an internal battle as to whether or not I should post a blog that I had written.  I was worried that  I would be a Debi downer (ha!) and that it would reflect negatively on myself as well as ruin the positive vibe I try to create here. I was a little scared of what people would think of me.  Then I remembered that I had this quote and this post in the pipeline and suddenly I knew that regardless of how much I felt uncertain it had to be published or I wasn't really following my own, or Maggie Smith's, advice.  You can find the post I am talking about HERE.

I am terrible at not being more forthright with what is on my mind.  The truth is I don't like confrontation and I like making an idiot of myself even less. I have been known to become ridiculously emotional over the silliest things and, for those reasons, I don't always say what's on my mind. It has been known to drive my other half more than a little crazy to say the least. 

By the same token, I have lost count of the times I have held my tongue instead of speaking up. Maybe something has been said about a controversial subject and someone says something insulting or uneducated.   Instead of voicing my opinions I have been known to retreat into my shell and silently repeat all the things that I want to say over and over in my head. Really, what's the use in that?

No more I say!

It all comes down to being a little braver, a little less concerned about what everyone else thinks. If your thoughts are important to you then why shouldn't the world hear what you have to say?  Speak up. Stand up for what you believe in. Make your voice heard in the crowd. Your opinions are as important as the person's beside you. They should be shared and listened to.

Despite being scared and worried I spoke my mind in my blog so trust me, if I can do it, I know that you can too.  Are you known for speaking your mind, regardless? Or maybe you're a bit like me and are more likely to mull it over in your head repeatedly but never getting the words out. Either way, don't be afraid to speak your mind. I bet you have something pretty interesting to say and I'm sure the world would like to hear it.

Until next time!


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

5 comments :

  1. Being honest is sometimes really hard, as you've said, but it is necessary to form true relationships. This is one of my favorite quotes; I'm so glad you've used it.

    Ring-a-Round a Rosey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love this quote too. Definitely going to put it into practise more!

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely written post Debi :)
    I completely agree with you! More of us should openly talk, we all have something interesting to say :)
    Anna
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quote is amazing and inspiring! Such a great post!

    x

    http://sofiescurlymess.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .