Tuesday's Thought of the Day #12

August 20, 2013

 photo image-93.jpg

Hello ♥

If you missed last week's thought of the day and want to catch up you can find it HERE

I think that this quote is pretty self explanatory but, in my opinion, makes an excellent point.  In a society where money and materialistic things seem to be everything, there are many people who let their work life become their entire existence.  When the world is full of wonderful things outside your door, it seems a shame to me that so much of it goes unnoticed.

I believe that, personally, having a big, fancy career so that you can be able to afford everything materialistic thing you want just isn't the be all and end all when it comes to life.  I cannot deny that, yes, I would like to have a job, an income, a career and, of course, without the masses working society would crumble but there is so much more to life than work.  

Please don't mistake my emphasis on making a life over making a living as unwillingness to work.  Life has always been more about family than money.  Whilst I really love having an income I am not money driven. So long as I am able to pay bills, put food on the table and treat myself once in a blue moon, that's good enough for me. Making a life where I can explore and raise my own family is far more important than working more hours than should ever fit into a working week. 

That isn't to say that if you are career driven you're doing something wrong.  Good for you.  Just don't forget to take time for yourself once in a while, travel, spend time with friends and family.  Make a life.

Until next time!


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. Fantastic post Debi! Couldn't agree with you more :) I love the quote too I think it's something so many people are too busy doing..
    Anna
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. I just think it shouldn't be your entire life. Ideally I'd like to be doing something I liked so that my working hours didn't feel like a chore so I have enough energy to do the good things in life.

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more, I'd hate to just have a life full of work. It was kind of the case in my last job, not that the hours were any longer then the typical job but it was nearly a 2.5hr commute everyday that just made my day over when it finally got home at night and then you're too tired at weekends. It's not much of a life that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, a 2.5 hour commute sounds like a nightmare. The 30-45 minutes it used to take me to get home from work was bad enough for me, especially as I did a lot of walking about and was always on my feet.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .