Tuesday's Thought of the Day #13

August 27, 2013

Hello ♥

I always try to keep these posts positive and in the last week or so I've really needed some positivity.  I've been stuck in a rut and feeling pretty negative and just down right grumpy.  I'm so glad I do these thoughts of the day to perk me up and keep me going from one week to the next. If you missed last week's you can find it HERE.

 photo ttotd.jpg


Lately, I haven't been feeling so great. This cold that has been lingering has made me feel pretty miserable so much so that some days I have found it difficult to find the motivation even to do something as simple as get dressed.  I have thought about spending all day on the couch watching youtube videos or throwing a DVD into the Xbox and wasting an hour and a half of my life that way.  I didn't but I was always sorely tempted to.

Suffering from self-diagnosed anxiety, some days I even have real difficulty in even visiting mine or the other half's family. If a family party is arranged to celebrate a birthday or anniversary, you can bet at some point before we're expected to leave to get there I will joke "do we really have to go?" Both the other half and I know that this isn't really a joke but a feeble, last ditch attempt to be able to stay at home, snuggled on the couch. Needless to say, that is not allowed.

The truth is that we all have days that we would rather just crawl back into bed and forget the world exists for a few more hours.  We all have days where we are terrified of some catastrophe that we might face. The thing is, if we don't drag ourselves out of bed and turn up, we might be missing out on some of the best opportunities we'll ever get. 

Many times I have dreaded having to go somewhere and then had the most fantastic time and been unable to talk of anything else for weeks!  I would have truly missed out on some amazing things if I hadn't got up, dressed up, shown up and never given up.  In fact, if I hadn't done just that I would not have met the most special person in my life. That, my friends, would have been the real catastrophe.

How do you push yourself to do things even when you don't want to? Do you have any little tips to keep motivated?

Until next time!

Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. I also keep the same philosophy. If someone or something is bothering me, I go out looking my best so that people don't know they have affected me.

    Maddie | Ring-a-Round a Rosey | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good attitude to have. Dressing up and getting out there can really make you feel better sometimes!

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. LOVE this post Debi...just like you know I LOVE your blog! :)
    this quote is a fantastic one! :) I'm going to try & follow it more, it really is so simple but so powerful at the same time, don't you think? :)
    Anna :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna :) I think that the best thing about this quote is that it applies to any situation or any kind of feeling. I'm trying to put it into practise, especially this week as it has been a bit tough.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .