What I'm Loving This Week #8

August 01, 2013

Hello ♥

I have decided that it is time to change the format of my What I'm Loving This Week posts. I still want to be able to share my favourite books, films, beauty finds or television programmes but I don't want to have to include these for the sake of it just to produce a post. It dilutes content which doesn't make for good writing and I imagine can't be much fun for you to read! Whilst I will include such things as they come up, I also want to include a sort of Thankful Thursdays a la Lisette Loves.

 photo 32a82d26-ca91-4fb4-8305-357b3bb01d8c.jpg
Favourite Film: The Perks of Being a Wallflower
I saw this in the cinema when it came out as a sort of hen night for my sister's wedding and absolutely loved it back then. So naturally, when my younger sister, L.J. bought it for my birthday I just had to watch it again.  This coming of age film based on the book by Stephen Chbosky stars the wonderful Emma Watson (my girl crush), the amazing Logan Lerman and the talented Ezra Miller. The acting is amazing and I was so drawn in by the storyline. Already I'm thinking about watching it again!


 photo DSC02144.jpg
Favourite Book: Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer
When the main character, Prince Oliver, speaks to Delilah from the pages of her favourite fairytale the teenager is left with a difficult decision. Does she help Oliver escape from the pages of his book or is this the chance for her to escape into her happily ever after?
This is by no means the kind of book I would normally expect from Jodi Picoult who normally deals with hard hitting controversial topics in her novels. However, when I heard that she had teamed up with her daughter, Samantha Van Leer, to write a teen book I knew that I would be definitely reading it despite being in my twenties. The plot line is intriguing and not far removed from an idea I had of my own for a book regarding dreams. I love the use of different character perspectives throughout and whilst I have yet to finish it I'm loving each page thus far!

And now onto the things I am most thankful for this week...
Marvel movie marathon night with takeaway and sisters
Hair dye for getting rid of those pesky grey and giving my hair a new lease of life
Hot chocolate and double choc cookies from Millie's Cookies courtesy of the other half
Puppy love to keep me smiling
Lovely people on twitter

I hope you liked the slightly different format this week.  Please share with me any books or films that you would recommend for me! What are you thankful for this week?

Until next time!
Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

1 comment :

  1. I loved The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I never thought I would before I thought it would be a boring movie but it was a really insightful and good one

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .