50 Facts About Me

September 12, 2013

Hello ♥

I don't know if I'm the only one who loves these facts about me posts or watching them on YouTube. Well, just in case you do I thought it was about time I did one so that you can find out a whole lot more useless information about me! Let's get started!

 photo 50facts.jpg

1. My favourite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast. I always thought I was most like Belle with my brown hair and love of books!
2. Debi is not the name on my birth certificate but Debra. I have never, in all my life, been referred to as Debra.
3. I have five sisters, three older and two younger (twins), and my parents are still together after 34 years of marriage.
4. I was born at home accidentally. The only person with any kind of medical training there was my mum.
5. I have a wanted a Jack Russell Terrier for about a decade. In June 2012, we adopted our gorgeous little Roxie.
6.In Primary 7 I won my school's Girls Badminton Singles Championship. It was my greatest sporting achievement to date.
7. I do not own a single lipstick.
8. I love contact sports and have watched several matches of rugby, American football and roller derby. I'd like to see a hockey match sometime this season.
9. I really want to see Video Games Live.

Most recent photo with the other half, taken July 2013
 
10. I met my other half when I was 15 years old. Despite having a crush on him from the night we met it took six months and a lot of drama before we got together eight years go.
11. My childhood celebrity crushes were Elijah Wood (think Forever Young and North) and Mel Gibson (pre-craziness).
12. The first time I dyed my hair I was about 15 years old and I dyed it black.
13.The only reason I'd travel to America is to see an American football match and a Broadway show.
14. I've been known to read the occasional comic. I've read a fair bit of the Walking Dead, all Scott Pilgrim, the occasional Deadpool and Spider-Man and the first Kick Ass.
15. I'd like to travel to Paris, Rome and the Plvitice Lakes in Croatia one day.

Aged 17 with red ends. I loved my hair like this.

16. I have also dyed the ends of my hair red and blonde as well as having dark purple streaks.
17. Ideally, I'd like to have four children (the other half only wants two!)
18. I'm scared of swans after one hissed at me and my dog when I was about 10 years old.
19. When I was little I used to have an obsession with dinosaurs and sharks. I found them fascinating and freaking loved them.
20. My favourite bird is a golden eagle and has been for as long as I can remember. The one time I saw them in the wild I freaked out with excitement. Seriously.
21. I hate mushrooms. The smell, taste and texture makes my stomach churn.

 photo Jewellery.png
A necklace pendant

22. I used to make jewellery in my spare time.
23. I also can't watch the movie Edward Scissorhands after it terrified me as a six year old. I've tried to watch it since on several occasions but get too scared. Yes, I am aware it's just Johnny Depp but he haunted my dreams for years.
24. I used to have a real aversion to opposite colours being together (red and green, blue and orange, yellow and purple). Luckily I'm over that now.
25. I can't watch the movie Chicken Run. The way the feathers look make me feel physically sick.
26. I have only ever kissed two boys. Ever. My first kiss was at a school Christmas dance when I was fourteen with a boy I'd had a crush on for six months previously. I remember thinking that if I didn't do it then I probably never will. The other is my fiancé.
27. Although undiagnosed I'm pretty certain I suffer from anxiety, like lots of others. Until earlier this year, I hadn't accepted that this is what it was and that it was an actual medical condition. I just thought I was weird.
28.  I hate beef. Nothing is more disgusting to me than a steak - except maybe mushrooms.

 photo 5.png  
In costume for a belly dancing (Tribal Fusion) performance
 
29.  I used to do belly dancing when I was 16 years old. I did two styles; Cabaret and Tribal Fusion. I enjoyed Tribal Fusion more.
30. I am very shy and prefer to observe rather than participate, even with the other half's family who I've known for eight years. 
31. For the most part I do not enjoy spontaneity. I would much rather plan things in advance. 
32. I have never been stung by a bee or wasp. 
33. I took a strange reaction to a mosquito bite on holiday one year. I ended up with a huge lump on my leg. 
34. I can't swim. 
35. My first concert was Bon Jovi when I was 13 years old. 
36. From a young age I loved Bryan Adams and even saw him in concert in what I think was 2006. 
37. I'm pretty good at D.I.Y. and decorating. 
38. I will never make a YouTube video like a lot of bloggers do as I hate seeing myself on camera. 
39. I enjoy playing Pokemon on my DS and always choose the fire Pokemon.

 photo Tallinn.png
Tallinn, Estonia

40. My favourite country in the whole world is Estonia.
41. My maternal grandmother was Estonian therefore I am a quarter Estonian and the rest Scottish. 
42. My favourite colour is purple.
43. I have eight Credit Grade 1 Standard Grades and four Highers in History, French, Art and English. I failed my Higher Maths exam. 
44. I studied Television Production to a HND (Higher National Diploma) Level. 
45. When thinking of the future I am most excited about the prospect of being a mum and starting a family. 
46. There are two things I dislike about my flat: the fact there is no garden and the old lady carpets that we haven't found the money to replace yet.
47. I have a box full of candles in my spare room. I've had some of them for a decade. 
48.  As a child we had kept about 20 birds (budgies, finches, canaries). 
 49. I collect fairy ornaments. My favourite one was given to me from my sister and brother-in-law for my 21st birthday. 
50. I am a real family girl and find it difficult if I go more than one week without seeing my family.

Until next time!



Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

9 comments :

  1. You are not the only one who loves these kind of posts :) I've just done one too actually! Just uploaded it now :)
    You are right too, your not alone with anxiety & you are not weird at all :)
    Is it weird that from age 17 you haven't really changed much? :) can still totally tell its you! :)
    Anna :)
    xxxx
    http://awaywiththefairies321.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I haven't changed much since I was 17! I wish my hair still looked like that though although I've definitely gotten better at makeup! Haha

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. lovely post :) i love being nosey! i've never been stung either (fingers crossed) i love having things planned too, i get really uptight and flustered if i have to do anything spontaneously. i like to know exactly what i'm doing and where i'm going! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I get all nervous and stressed if someone springs something on me suddenly like going out or whatever. Plans are best!

      Debi x

      Delete
  3. I'm not great at decorating but I enjoy DIY too. :) I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party TODAY (EVERY WEEKEND!). Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debra! ;p hahaha

    Hi Debi, great post! I like these kind of posts, because I'm a nosey person hahaha. Like your facts!
    xoxo
    http://foreveramber123.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only nosey person!

      Debi x

      Delete
  5. I loved reading this post. You do look like Belle!! And I loved Bon Jovi and still do haha my first (big) concert was Tina Turner when I was 12 and I still remember it to this day. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .