The Fear

September 27, 2013

 photo feelthefear.jpg

Hello ♥

Unemployment is something I feel like I have spoken about quite a lot since I got the courage to share with you my feelings about it in When I Grow Up. It hasn't been easy to watch my savings which I had been saving for my wedding dwindle away to nothingness. Being rejected time and time again for jobs gets difficult to accept and I've wondered what is wrong with me on countless occasions. Worrying about what will happen when you are faced with an empty bank account is a scary thought.

For the last few months I have been toying with the thought of self employment. If nobody else wants to employ me, maybe I should just employ myself. Just when I think I am about ready to put in an order of materials and register self employed I am struck by what I have come to refer to as The Fear.

The Fear is essentially all my insecurities coming to a head and telling me that I am not good enough to do this on my own. For the most part, this is what goes through my head every time I am just about to take the leap: 
No one will want what I make. 
No one will buy a single thing. 
I'll spend money that I don't have and never make a profit. 
Registering self employed with HMRC will be too hard and confusing. 
I'll be useless at keeping track of sales and costs. 
I'm charging too much.
I'm not charging enough.

Battling with The Fear takes up a lot of energy and raises stress levels considerably. I know that really it is all just a matter of confidence and believing in yourself. I spend day in day out trying to be uplifting and motivational with this blog, particularly with my Tuesday's Thought of the Day posts. I encourage you to take risks and chances, to believe in yourself and reach for your dreams. So why do I have such trouble practising what I preach? 

I imagine that most of us suffer from this kind of feeling at some point or another. Low self confidence affects us all in different ways. It can stop us pursuing the things that we want or can prevent us from doing something as simple as wearing a dress we love because people might look. I know I need to be brave. I just wish there was a safety net to catch me if I fall.

Until next time!


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. such a lovely post. The last paragraph has pretty much summed up the way I'm feeling at the minute xx

    thebudgetbuyer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! Glad you enjoyed the post.

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I love this post I think almost everybody goes through this fear one way or the other. I too want to be self employed one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, everyone suffers their own version of the fear I think. Just got to try and not let it stop you from doing things you really want to.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .