Tuesday's Thought of the Day #16

September 17, 2013

Hello ♥

If you missed last week's post then be sure to catch up HERE.

 photo TOTD16.jpg

I spent a lot of time looking for an appropriate quote this week as I'm worried that lately these posts may have become a bit same-y. I thought that this was quite a relevant quote after the lbloggers chat on Sunday evening which asked the question "is it okay to share negative posts?"

For me, blogging is an outlet that allows me a bit of escapism from daily life. I love having the opportunity to sit down for a few hours a week and talk about what I am enjoying in life or share with you my experiences. Sure, occasionally I ramble about some beauty product or make a wish list but these are all things that occur in my life. No offence meant, but really I write this blog only for myself as a creative space. Having you along for the ride is a bonus and I love it.

When it comes to reading other blogs I love reading about personal experiences, good and bad. I don't know how many times since I became immersed in the world of blogging that I have thought "No way, I thought that was just me!" and it instantly makes me feel a little better to know I am not the only one.

There have been many girls that I now talk to thanks to this little space filled with my ramblings that I feel much less alone. I have spoken to girls who have the same issue of unemployment as I do and can empathise with me when no one in my day to day life really understands. I've come to accept that as a teenager I probably did have a pretty bad case of anxiety but that I am by no means the only one that experienced it. I no longer feel the odd one out. By reading others' blogs I am reminded that I am not alone and that a lot of people are experiencing much the same as I am.

Life is full of ups and downs and it's okay to share these with the world.  It is unrealistic, and unhealthy, to permanently keep things bottled up.   Of course, for some people blogging does only show the good times and the positive but I think that, as readers, we need to remember that these are only snippets of what probably is a complex life.

I definitely read to know that I am not alone.

Until next time!


I would like to hear some of your favourite quotes for an upcoming post. If you would like to get involved and would like more details, you can tweet me @dibdabdebsblog or email me at dibdabdebs@hotmail.com 



Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. I couldn't agree with you more! :)
    Sometimes I just scroll past blog posts on bloglovin that are all make up, it doesn't interest me..unless it's nail varnish, I LOVE nail varnish! :D
    I much prefer reading life style posts :)
    Some people don't speak out, so reading online or in magazines they know they aren't alone :)
    Anna :)
    xxxx
    http://awaywiththefairies321.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same with scrolling past blog posts when it's overly beauty based unless it is one of my favourites! lifestyle posts are perfect for my nosey-ness!

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Very nice quote and piece you wrote. I also read to know that I'm not alone and it is comforting.

    Xo Mel
    http://ohsweetremedy.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I agree, it can be quite comforting.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .