Tuesday's Thought of the Day #17

September 24, 2013

Hello ♥

If you missed last week's post be sure to catch up HERE.

 photo TTOD17.jpg

I feel like this quote sums up my life (so far) quite nicely.

When we are young we have certain expectations of what grown-up life will be like. We think that we will go to college or university and that will ensure we have a career and money that we can enjoy. We believe we will travel the world or settle down with the right person, get married and have lots of children. Life doesn't always work out like that though.

I am a great believer that if something is meant to happen it will. Whilst I do have moments where it all feels gloom and doom, I think (or hope) that it just means that something good is just waiting around the corner for me. It is hard to accept that the difficult things in life were meant to happen but when I think of what has resulted due to them I feel optimistically hopeful.

Unemployment is one of the biggest negative things to have happened in my life and when I'm worrying about paying bills or dreaming about my wedding or a much needed holiday it can be hard to believe it was meant to happen.  However, if I hadn't all this free time on my hands perhaps I wouldn't have started this blog which I love to do. I wouldn't be talking to you lovely people or making new friends through the world of blogging. I know for a fact I wouldn't be considering starting my own business selling my wooden signs, Austara Signs. (Shameless plug there. Please check it out.)

When almost two years ago we were being forced out of our flat eight months early, I couldn't see the positive in having to have time apart from my other half again. However, it resulted in us buying our first home together which is much larger than where we living and the mortgage is cheaper than the rent! Plus we would never have got our little dog as the timings would have been all wrong for us to get her then.

If you had asked me five years ago if I thought I would be sitting in front of the other half's laptop in my own flat, unemployed, blogging and with a dog sleeping in the next room I would never have believed you. Do you know what? Despite the lack of money, I'm actually really happy right now and I'm grateful that I have what I do. I think this is the life that I'm meant to be living and so I'm going to live it the way I see fit.

Until next time!


I would like to hear some of your favourite quotes for next week's Tuesday's Thought of the Day post. If you would like to get involved and would like more details, you can tweet me @dibdabdebsblog or email me at dibdabdebs@hotmail.com 



Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. You should start selling those wooden signs, I love them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. That's so nice of you to say so :)

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .