10 Things To Make You Smile Through Winter

October 28, 2013

 photo Thingstomakeyousmile.jpg


Hello ♥

I've been feeling a bit down in the dumps over the past week as we've been hit with a wave of rubbish weather. There's nothing I like less in the winter than the house never getting enough light thanks to the heavy rain clouds and shorter daylight hours. The truth is it is completely normal to feel a little out of sorts when the poor weather kicks in and I'm sure that many of you feel the same way that I do.

It is awful to feel down just because of some rotten weather which, living in the U.K., we are undoubtedly about to get plenty of. Therefore, I have come up with ten things to make you (and me) smile through winter.

1. Duvet Days. Is there anything better than sitting curled up in your duvet with some tasty snacks of your choice while you watch films or marathon your favourite television show? I think not. I have decided to dedicate at least two days (one in November, one in December) that I will do exactly this. Honestly, I'm really looking forward to the December one. Christmas films!

2. Hot chocolate.  I'm a big fan of hot chocolate at the best of time but for some reason I feel like I can go all out with cream, marshmallows and cinnamon. In fact, I think I'll be stocking up on some of that next weekend.

3. Christmas Decorations. With November just being a few short days away, more and more shops are rolling out their Christmas decorations.  Whether or not I am looking to buy anything, I still enjoy a good wander in the Christmas aisles and a trip to my local garden centre is definitely a must this year.

4. Snuggly Jumpers. I have a couple of cosy jumpers that only make an appearance from November through to February. I honestly cant wait to through them on over a few layers with some nice cosy socks, boots (and jeans!) and feel super cosy.

5. Fleecy Pyjamas. I have four pairs of fleecy pjs and a onesie (sexy, no?) that I love to wear at this time of year. I don't particularly enjoy the cold and so I'll happily wear the most unflattering pyjamas to keep me warm in the winter months. Best thing is I can expect another pair for Christmas as my parents always buy me a new pair. Yippee!

6. Hats, Gloves and Scarves. More cosiness! There are so many little cute sets in the shops at the moment that it is taking all  my will power not to buy them all. I did treat myself to those cute little fox gloves from Primark (£2) as I needed some for my rugby nights. They were just too cute to pass up.

7. Fireworks. I have never been to a fireworks display but I do like to sit at my living room window which has a great view and watch the little bursts of colour light up the night sky. It does make taking the dog out for a walk in the evening a nightmare though. Last year she absolutely froze at the noises and we had to carry her back in. At least she's not too bothered by them when she's in the house.

8. Crisp Walks.  Being a dog owner, I enjoy a good walk. Trudging through crisp leaves with a blue sky overhead whilst wrapped up nice and warm is one of my favourite things. I'm really looking forward to dragging the other half and the dog out for a stroll on a Sunday afternoon.

9. Mince Pies, Rum Truffles and Lebkuchen. Mmm, Christmas food. Need I say any more? The best thing about these tasty goodies is the other half doesn't like them. All that means is there's more or me - and I might get fat over Christmas!

10. Candles. As I've previously mentioned, I have a box full of candles that I'm going to try and make my way through this winter. Not only do they look gorgeous on a dark night, they smell amazing and they help to keep the room warm. Win win.

What makes you happy during the winter months?

Until next time!

Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

8 comments :

  1. Love this! Definitely going to be lighting a few candles, whipping up a mug of hot chocolate and dedicating a whole day to christmas films this year! I can't think of a better way to spend a day :)

    Kerry

    Xx

    http://mylifeofcolour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love days spent watching movies. I'm definitely looking forward to watching some Christmas films though. It gets me right in the spirit :)

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Loved this post, what a brilliant idea!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberley. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Great picks! I was just thinking the other day how it's just a month away from Thanks Giving and that's when the Christmas tree's start going up in the US! It's crazy. And fleecy pj's, they are the best aren't they!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know where this year has gone! It's disappeared so quickly. The other half thought he saw a Christmas tree in someone's window yesterday. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he was right.

      Debi x

      Delete
  4. I love all of these things, except 9 because we don't have those foods here so I've never tried them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you have lots of lovely foods that we don't have here too!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .