Before I'm 25 | Update #3

October 07, 2013

 photo image-95.jpg


 Hello ♥

It's time for me to be honest. I kind of forgot about my whole Before I'm 25 list in last month. September turned out to be one of the busiest months this year and my list fell by the wayside. With birthdays to celebrate, rugby matches to make my throat hoarse and jury duty, I have felt like I've barely had a moment to myself to dedicate to scoring a few things off from my list. Hopefully October will be a bit more successful.

4) Cook or bake something new every month (3/12)
Whilst it isn't something new, this month I made Pepperoni Pasta. The reason I'm bending the rules slightly on this one is because, whilst I have made it before, I don't think I've made it this year. It is super simple and straightforward. You can expect a recipe post on this at the end of the week.

11) Read 25 books (4/25)
I have really got to stop slacking on this one! This month I only managed to read Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. After seeing the film (and loving it) I really wanted to read the book and I'm pleased to say that it didn't disappoint me. It definitely lives up to the hype. The next books on my list are The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski, The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling and Simple Genius by David Baldacci. I hope to get two of them read this month!

15) Watch 50 movies I've never seen before (25/50)
Already I'm halfway through my intended target for watching new films and I'm not surprise. I absolutely adore sitting down to watch a movie in an evening with the other half and the dog.  This month's favourite is probably Pitch Perfect. I love it so much that I've watched it twice already and listened to the soundtrack a ridiculous amount of times!

I'm already trying to make plans this month, or next, for the following:

8) Catch up with my oldest best friend at least four times
My friend who now lives down in London is meant to be coming back for a couple of days in November so I'm hopeful of arranging a little catch up there. My best friend who lives in Edinburgh and is always so busy with work is coming back home for Christmas and so we plan on meeting up for some much needed gossip. 

26) Get an income
Now that the crazy month of September is over and done with I'm really going to knuckle down and get some Christmas decorations and wooden signs made up.  If you are interested (and in the UK), please check out Craft Corner, like Austara Signs facebook page and follow @AustaraSigns on twitter for updates

35) Hold my new niece or nephew
I can't believe that my new niece or nephew is going to arrive later this month. This year has definitely flown by. It feels like only yesterday that we were told that the other half's sister was pregnant!

47) Bake a birthday cake
I plan on making the other half's birthday cake this year for no other reason than I have never baked a cake from scratch before. It isn't until November but I may have to do a test run first!

Until next time!



Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. This sounds like you are planning to get things done, good on you Debi :)
    My first question is do you like tuna? & if so I have a fantastic recipe for a tuna fish pie..if you want it, tweet me :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that sounds good, Anna!

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I really would like to buy a Christmas wooden sign :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm currently trying to get some of the materials together so I can make a small batch!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .