The 90s Tag

October 25, 2013

 photo 90stag.jpg

Hello ♥

Technically, I'm an eighties baby. I was born in 1989 but I have no memory of the last five months of the eighties, obviously. For that reason I think of myself as a nineties child so when I decided that I wanted to do a tag, I thought what could be better than 90s tag? So off to google I went and this is what I found.


Favourite Toys? 
I was a big fan of Polly Pockets, especially my amazing Beauty and the Beast one, and I had a pretty impressive collection.  I also had a large number of Puppy in my Pockets which I loved. 

Favourite Adverts?
I don't really remember any stand out adverts. When my other half was little he used to love watching adverts and was able to quote a lot of him. What a little loser!
   
N'sync or Backstreet Boy's? 
Definitely N'sync but in Britain it was more of a battle between Boyzone and Take That. As a kid, I was a Boyzone fan.

Weirdest Fashion Trend? 
If I'm honest, there wasn't really anything fantastic about the nineties fan. In my opinion all the trends were pretty weird! 

Favourite Collectable?
Beanie babies! I had maybe 10-15 of them which wasn't a lot to some people but I loved them. I always wanted to collect Pokemon cards but my parents didn't want me to waste money on them. I did, however, take any of the boys' multiples at school if they didn't want them. I think I ended up with three or four Charmanders. 

 photo gobbles.jpg

Favourite Beanie Baby? 
I don't know. To be honest, I can't really remember the ones I even had except from the turkey called Gobbles. I use him as a Christmas decoration now and he gets pulled out every year.

How Many Tamagotchi's Did You Go Through? 
 One real Tamagotchi but I also had this amazing one that was in the shape of a dog. No one else has any kind of memory of such a thing but I swear it's real. I can't find it anywhere online unfortunately which makes me worry that I might have just made it up!

Favourite Game System and Game? 
We didn't own any kind of game console as a kid but my friend had a SNES (I think) and I loved playing Mario Kart and Street Fighter. My other half actually has a SNES and both of those games but we haven't played it in forever.

Favourite Music Artist?
I'm not sure. Something very embarrassing no doubt! 

Favourite Nick Jr. Show?
I never watched any Nick Jr. Does this mean I led a sheltered life?

Favourite Sweets/Candy?
I used to adore Smarties when I was little. The blue ones were my favourite for a reason I don't even know. I used to like to use the empty tube as a weapon and send the little plastic cap flying.  

Favourite Game? 
In terms of board games probably a games called Careers which wasn't even a nineties game. In fact, it was a game that my dad had as a kid!

Favourite McDonald's Happy Meal Toy? 
We never went to McDonald's as children so I have absolutely no idea what toys McDonald's even had! 

 photo hpatps.jpg

Favourite Book?  
Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone (I read it before the hype) and anything Roald Dahl. I used to read a lot of books as a kid. I miss those days.

Favourite Clothing Store? 
Wherever my parents bought my clothes from!  I know a lot of girls who loved Tammy Girl when we were little but I think I maybe got one top from that shop in my entire life. 

What Would You Watch When You Got Home From School? 
Pretty much whatever was on CBBC. In the battle between Byker Grove and Grange Hill, I was definitely a Byker Grove girl. That laugh at the end!

Favourite TV Show's? 
Where should I start? When I was really little I liked shows like Sesame Street, Widget the Worldwatcher, Super Ted and Captain Bucky O'Hare. As I got older, I watched shows like The Rugrats, The Wild Thornberrys  and Live n Kicking. Oh, those were the days. Children's television nowadays seems like utter trash!

So there you have it; a little peek into my life in the nineties. I hope you enjoyed!

Until next time! 



Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. Your childhood sounds like mine - I never went to McDonalds and we never had Sky so all the children channels were out the question. I LOVED Byker Grove, I think that's what started my love for Newcastle! I just might have to do this tag myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! I never had Sky or anything like that either - just five channels. How did we survive back then? Oh yeah, we went outside and played! haha.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .