The A to Z of Me Series | Dogs

October 10, 2013


Hello ♥

If you follow me on twitter or have been a reader of my blog for a while now, it will come as no surprise to you that I have a dog. All my life I have been a dog person and always knew that when I moved out of my parents home I would want my own. Not only are dogs cute and cuddly, they really do give you so much love and companionship. Without much further ado...

 photo Label.jpgD is for Dogs

As a child, I had one dog, Megan, a gorgeous Blenheim Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, who had been passed on to us when her previous owner could no longer take care of her. She was an adorable little dog with beautiful markings whose ears would flap in the wind on the walks that she loved.  This is where my love of small dogs come from.

Whilst being a real dog-person, it might surprise you to know that I am actually a little frightened of big dogs.  Anything larger than a Border Collie or Springer Spaniel intimidates me and I feel so on edge around them. There is a husky that lives in our building that, whilst absolutely gorgeous and completely docile, leaves me feeling quite anxious whenever I meet it. Big dogs make me uncomfortable.

 photo roxie.jpg
Don't mind me. I'm just getting comfy.

For that reason, I knew I wanted a small breed and my absolute favourite was Jack Russell Terrier. They are energetic, fun and loyal whilst small enough to pick up whenever needed. A huge bonus for me! She is absolutely perfect except for one little thing. Unfortunately for us, despite my little pooch being totally responsive in the house or garden, she has the worst recall when out and about. I spoke all about when we bought our little dog, Roxie, and why it is good to consider a rescue dog HERE if you are interested.

 photo mitziandscout.jpg
About three months old

After falling in love with Roxie, my parents and one of my older sisters bought two little Yorkshire Terrier puppies in April this year. Now when we all get together it can be utter chaos with nine people in one place and three little dogs charging about after each other. I am pleased to say that after a little hard work and patience all three dogs get along really well and actually miss each other. I have accidentally mentioned the puppies names in the past and then had to endure half an hour of my dog whining, hopeful that she will get to see them.

Dogs are incredibly intelligent creatures who can interpret your mood and can be like having a best friend who is completely loyal to you. It's awesome. My dog has a knack of keeping me calm and making me feel better when I feel anxious, upset or ill. She's a little star and I'm so glad that we have her in our lives. She is still the best decision that we ever made.

Are you a dog or cat person? What is your favourite breed?

Until next time!


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
  
This is part four of this series. You can find Letter C HERE.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. This is such a lovely post as a dog owner myself I love it even more;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs are awesome, aren't they? What kind of dog do you have?

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .