Tuesday's Thought of the Day #19

October 08, 2013

 photo TOTD19.jpg

Hello ♥  

I think it is fair to say that everyone is guilty of pretending to be something that they are not every once in a while. Maybe you want to impress a boy so you pretend to like the same music or sports that he likes. Maybe you want to fit in with a group of friends or work colleagues so you adopt a new way of acting to blend in. At the end of the day, it is all a bit pointless in my opinion.

If you can't be true to yourself and who you are, if you can't learn to like or love the person that you really are then how can anyone else be expected to? To me, putting on an act or pretending to be someone you're not is silly and, honestly, you are going to get found out sooner or later. I believe that if someone is worth having in your life then they will except you for who you are and not for who you think they want you to be.

Learn to accept your quirks and embrace them. There is only one of you after all.You don't want to be somebody else.

Until next time!



Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. I've learned to be myself much more as I've grown up and I think it's served me well :) great post! xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think I've learned to be myself more as I've grown up too.

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I completely agree with you Debi! :) I absolutely love the quote..I also like the quote "if your lucky enough to be different, don't ever change" :)
    Anna :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great quote, Anna. It's so much better just to embrace who you really are :)

      Debi x

      Delete
  3. I like this quote and your post is inspiring:) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .