Date Night

November 25, 2013

 photo datenight.jpg

A couple of weekends ago the other half and I decided it would be nice to have a little date night in the house. We cooked a delicious meal (a ham risotto followed by sticky toffee pudding), lit some candles and played some Lego Harry Potter before settling down to watch some television.

Date nights don't have to involve going out somewhere fancy and spending lots of money. In fact, doing it this way was really nice and relaxing. We even manage to cook dinner together without me trying to take over. It was such a yummy meal that I thought I'd share the recipe with you.

Ingredients (serves 4)
1 litre vegetable stock
85g butter
3 shallots, finely chopped
115g bacon lardons
280g arborio rice
150ml white wine (we used a Chardonnay)
225g petit pois
Salt & pepper
Parmesan Cheese to garnish (we used the Red Leicester we had in the house)

Step 1. 
Pour the stock into a large saucepan and bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer gently.

Step 2. 
Melt the butter in another pan. Add the shallots and bacon, cooking over a low heat, stir occasionally for five minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for two minutes until all the grains are coated and glistening. Add the wine and stir constantly until it has almost completely evaporated.

Step 3
Add a ladelful of stock at a time whilst stirring constantly until the stock has been absorbed. Continue to do this for ten minutes before adding the peas and continuing to add the stock as before. This should take a further ten minutes by which time the rice should be tender and the liquid absorbed.

Step 4.
Serve and garnish with Parmesan cheese, or in our case Red Leicester.

Until next time!



Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. sounds such a lovely idea Debi :)
    I bet it was a lot better because it was just the two of you & of course your little doggy :)
    I might give this recipe a try too :)
    xxxx
    http://awholelotofchittychat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really lovely to spend time together when it is just the two of us :)

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Ooh I love Risotto this sounds lovely! Not a great cook though I'd have to get somebody else to cook it for me ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. It is always nice to have someone else cook for you. I'm the one who usually cooks in my house but at least twice a month the other half does and he always makes something yummy.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .