The A to Z of Me Series | Kindness & Karma

November 28, 2013

 What starts with the letter K? Koalas? Kissing? Kids? Kaleidoscope?  Hmm, maybe not the best topics for the letter K. My other half's name starts with the letter K but I'm trying not to put his name out there in the blogosphere so that's a no go. Again, I've had a real battle trying to come up with something with this post so I'm sorry if its a little lacklustre. Anyway, I have decided that...

 photo Label.jpg

K is for Kindness & Karma

Something that has really been irritating me lately is the lack of manners and inability to be polite that some people seem to suffer from. Maybe it's just me but I was always taught to say "please" and "thank you", hold the door open for someone and be generally kind to others. Recently though I have become increasingly aware of people's lack of basic manners. No, it is not just the "youth of today" who haven't had the same upbringing. In fact, more often than not I am struck by how rude adults who are a good ten-twenty years older than me can be.

Allowing someone to pass though a small gap before you or holding a door open for someone surely merits a simple "thank you," right? Apparently not. This time of year seems to bring out the worst in some people with Christmas just around the corner. I don't know how many times some one has walked into me while out shopping for presents or hit me with their bags or just generally invaded my personal space and not had the decency to apologise. Where have our manners gone?

When dealing with the public I encourage you to remember your manners as it might make someone's day. One word can make all the difference. I am instantly cheered up by someone who is polite and kind and I like to pass that on to others.

There are many different situations in which you can show kindness. Giving that extra 20p to the lady who is just short of the right change for her bus fare might be the difference in her having a good day instead of one that she would rather forget. Little gestures like holding a door open for someone a few paces behind you or allowing someone to go before you in a queue are lovely good deeds that people seem to be readily forgetting how to do. It doesn't just have to be the public and strangers that you are kind to. Maybe making someone a cup of tea after a long day at work could cheer someone up.

Whilst pehaps I don't believe in it completely, I like to think that there is some sort of karma out there and by doing good deeds and little acts of kindness, we'll be due some good karma back. Of course, I am not polite and kind just to get something back from the universe. Taking two seconds to utter a simple "please" or "thank you" doesn't take much effort so, please, just make sure to use them. Thank you.

Until next time!


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .