Tuesday's Thought of the Day #24

November 12, 2013

 photo ttotd24.jpg

It is probably fair to say that we tend to live our lives with unrealistic expectations. It is very rare for life to work out exactly as you planned or thought it would and yet we continue on with an image of how we think our lives are supposed to shape up.

When I was younger I imagined that by the age of 25 I would be married with at least one child and now, less than nine months away from my quarter of a century, it looks as though neither of them will happen. Without ever being entirely sure of what I wanted to do with my life I never thought I would be unemployed. Then again, I never expected to meet my other half at sixteen and still be going strong today.

The trick to life is not to expect it to be mapped out for you. Nothing ever happens like you imagine it will. Nothing worth having ever comes to you that easily. However, it doesn't have to be negative. You may end up in a situation which seems pretty rubbish to start off with but end up with it being a million times better than you could have ever hoped for. 

Just now I am planning on taking each day as it comes and trying not to expect too much. That isn't to say that I am giving up on my hopes and dreams. In fact, far from it. Instead I have just learned to accept that there will be bumps and unexpected twists on the road and that is okay. I must relish the journey to each of my dream destinations.

Until next time! 


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. It's often hard to let go of expectations and just live life and accept it as it comes to you. Love the quote, great post :)

    Madeline | Ring-a-Round a Rosey | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madeline. It can be hard to let go of expectations but sometimes it's best too. Plus, then you aren't quite as disappointed if it doesn't happen like you thought it would!

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. what a lovely post Debi, you know I agree with you on taking each day as it comes & being positive along the way :)
    xxxx
    http://awholelotofchittychat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always so much easier to take things one day at a time although it is sometimes difficult to stay positive but I'm trying. :)

      Debi x

      Delete
  3. I like this and yeah nothing happens like you imagine it will sometimes its even better!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like it when something works out better than you had imagined it would! :)

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .