The Christmas Series | Oh, Christmas Tree

December 06, 2013

 photo Titlepicture.jpg


 photo DSC02626.jpg

Well, the first of December rolled around and I just couldn't help myself. Yes, I'm 24 years old but I still love Christmas more than any time of the year so I just had to get the Christmas decorations out.

There is something so wonderful about adorning the house with beautiful decorations that gets me so excited for Christmas.  Growing up my parents went all out decorating our house. We had a beautiful, bushy 7ft artificial tree that was dressed in beautiful pinks and silver in the living room of our old house. A 3ft tree with copper baubles would sit in our dining room and another with blue baubles would on the landing outside our bathroom, halfway up the stairs. The bannister would be decorated in fake ivy and fairy lights and there would be hanging decorations sweeping down from the ceiling. Whilst we never ventured outdoors with our decorations, my parents really went to town indoors.

 photo christmastreecollage.jpg

When I moved out over two years ago, I was so excited to have my own Christmas tree to decorate. We bought an artificial 6ft tree for our living room and cover it in blues, purples and silver. I still have a freak out over how the tinsel looks on the tree (it always looks better on everyone else's) and I do fiddle and rearrange the tree for about a week after it was first put up until I'm happy with it. In fact this year, like all others, I demanded more tinsel because I just wasn't happy with it but I think I am now.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? When do you like to put it up?

Until next time!


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. Those ornaments are so pretty!

    Ring-a-roundarosey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah man tinsel placing is a nightmare, I'm the same! We have an artificial tree too as the husband is allergic to real ones, so gone are my days of having a real tree. Christmas tress in the US tend to start going up in the last week of November, particularly the day after Thanksgiving, so as we put ours up on the 3rd (i think) we're on the last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had a real Christmas tree. Artificial ones seem much less messy!

      Debi x

      Delete
  3. It sounds like your house was magical! :) I really love the sound of it too! :)
    Our tree is more traditional with the majority being reds & golds :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super magical as a kid. My parents house always looks amazing at Christmas time.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .