The Christmas Tag

December 16, 2013

 photo christmastag.jpg


Christmas is so close now that I just couldn't resist doing a Christmas Tag. There has been so many different ones floating about in the blogosphere that I thought I would amalgamate some of them into one of my own.

When do you start getting excited about Christmas? 
I don't normally start to get properly excited about Christmas until about a week before although putting up my Christmas tree at the start of December usually gets me in the spirit. Once I settle down with my family on Christmas Eve about 8pm to watch It's a Wonderful Life with some mulled wine and mince pies then I can hardly contain the excitement.

Real or fake Christmas tree? 
I've only ever had fake Christmas trees. I hear real ones can be messy, dropping all their needles and I have enough problem keeping the carpets clean with white dog fur already. Plus, buying a pre-lit one means I don't have to mess about with fairy lights.

Wrapping Christmas presents - Love or Loathe? 
I love wrapping Christmas presents and have actually already done all of my wrapping. In fact, I have been known to wrap presents for others in the past because I enjoy it so much. I'm surprised that anyone could not enjoy it!

What are your favourite Christmas films?
Definitely It's a Wonderful Life. It's completely magical. I also like to watch The Polar Express and Love Actually every year.

What is your favourite Christmas song? 
I do like turning on some Christmas tunes but I'm not sure if I have a favourite, per se. I quite like Santa Baby and Baby It's Cold Outside. My guilty pleasure Christmas song has to be Not Tonight Santa by Girls Aloud. I don't know why. I don't even like Girls Aloud!

Do you any Christmas traditions?
I used to have quite a few Christmas traditions before I moved out of my parents' home but haven't really come up with any since. When we were little, all my sisters and I would sleep in the same room and we would waken up to open our stockings together before getting my parents up to open our main presents downstairs. We also used to eat Christmas Dinner at lunch and then watch movies all day or play with toys when we were little. Nowadays, our main Christmas tradition is watching It's A Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve altogether. This year might be a bit hectic though with three dogs!

What's your favourite outfit to wear at Christmas time?
I don't really wear anything special at Christmas seeing as I'm only ever spending time with family. Like just about everyone else I do love a good Christmas jumper. On Christmas Day I'm likely to wear something I was given as a gift.

What's the top of your wish list this year?
I don't tend to have any sort of wish list for Christmas. I was always sort of taught not to ask for things but to be pleased with what you were given as it really was the thought that counted. This year though I'd really like a new coat because my current one is falling to bits. Sme new clothes, books and make up wouldn't go amiss. Honestly though, I'd just like to have a really nice day with all the people that I love.

How do you spend Christmas Day?
Nowadays we don't have a set plan when it comes to Christmas Day. Normally the other half and I wake up about 7am and have some breakfast before diving in to what is always a massive stack of presents. Then it is a matter of trying to see both families over the course of the day. We take turn about concerning who's family we have dinner with (this year it's his family) and then we spend New Year's Day with the other family. I'm still not used to it yet.

 What's your favourite thing about Christmas?

Until next time!


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. Everyone keeps talking about the Polar Express but I can't say I've ever seen it, I know it's on Netflix so I might have to find the time one afternoon to give it a watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think it's super cute and completely associate it with the un up to Christmas.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .