The A to Z of Me Series | Movies

December 12, 2013

I can't believe that since I started this series I have completed twelve letters (or weeks). That is almost half! Clearly, 2013 has just slipped away from us too fast.  Anyway, I've had a little ponder and have decided that...
 photo Label.jpg

M is for Movies

Shock horror, I love movies just like almost everyone else in the world. Maybe it isn't exactly an original topic but I thought I would tell you my top ten movies of all time (thus far.)

10. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
To be honest, I'm not sure I would like this film quite as much if I hadn't read the comic books before it was release. I absolutely adored them and their quirky humour. Whilst I am not a fan of the non-actor that is Michael Cera, he was perfect for the slightly clueless, bewildered character of Scott.

9. Dirty Dancing
An oldie but a goodie. I used to have the biggest crush on Patrick Swayze when I was just a little girl. The montage scene of Baby learning to dance was my absolute favourite bit and even now I know an alarming amount of the dialogue.

8.  Beauty and the Beast
It's no surprise that a Disney movie slipped in here, is it? I used to want to be Belle. I figured she was just like me; brown hair, enjoyed her books a little too much. I suppose the only difference was the fact I didn't have an ass trying to win my affection - then again I was about six. I still enjoy watching it and singing along.

7.  Hunger Games (& Catching Fire)
Another one where I read the books first and maybe love the movie so much because of it. I think that the casting for the three main character (Katniss, Peeta and Gale) was perfect.Whilst maybe it didn't stay as true to the book as I would have liked, I still love this film. I saw Catching Fire on Tuesday and I think that it's possibly better than the original so this is a kind of two for one.

6. Apocalypto
Not the nicest subject and not particularly historically accurate, Apocalypto is one of those films that had me riveted from the get go. The cinematography is absolutely outstanding and it's so beautiful to watch.

5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
I'm a big fan of the awkward, growing up, teenage years kind of movies. I don't know why but I enjoy them a lot. This film actually surprised me with just how much I liked it. It is really moving and well acted. 

4. Stand By Me
I can't quite put my finger on why I like this film so much that it makes it into my top ten and yet I adore this film. River Phoenix and Wil Wheaton are amazing in this coming of age drama.

3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1 & 2)
Okay, so this one is a bit of a cheat as technically I'm including two movies but, hey, they were one book! I couldn't have my favourite movies list and not include the amazing Harry Potters. I am a huge Harry Potter nerd and these two movies beautifully finish off an amazing series (and my childhood.)

2. La Vita e Bella
I love a good foreign film and this is, by far, my absolute favourite. It's in Italian (such a beautiful language) and tells the story of one man and his son in a concentration camp in World War II. It's a beautiful, amusing, touching film and if you haven't seen it I completely recommend you do.

1. It's a Wonderful Life
Every year on Christmas Eve my sisters, our respective partners and parents all sit down with mulled wine and German lebkuchen and watch It's a Wonderful Life. I swear I will never tire of this film although don't ever show me it in colour; watching it in black and white makes it more magical. 

What is your favourite movie?

Until next time! 


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. I really stuck at watching films, I'm so behind the times especially with contemporary ones (excluding the comic book movies). I normally just end up putting classic movie channels on and watching it all day which call came from a love for 1930's movies. I'm out of my era when it comes to movies that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old movies can be amazing though. I'm no movie buff but I enjoy watching them at any possible moment. The other half worked in a cinema for a couple of years and we would see a new film every week because he got free tickets. We saw a lot of rubbish (as well as some great movies) during that time.

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Your sense in movies is very similar to mine! Although I have yet to watch Catching Fire, but have heard good things about it. Ps - Dirty Dancing is a big favourite of mine!

    Frankie x
    http://crazyblondegal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Dirty Dancing. Catching Fire is so good. They kept it really close to the book and I was a bit of an emotional wreck throughout the whole thing as I had read the book and knew what was coming next!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .