Tuesday's Thought of the Day #29

December 17, 2013

 photo TTOTD29.jpg


We all have days where we feel down or lack the motivation to do the things that really need to be done. Don't lie, you know the type of days I mean. I have been hit pretty hard this month with a serious lack of motivation and have felt well and truly down in the dumps. Sometimes I feel so stuck in a rut with nothing to look forward to which is so ridiculous when I have a thousand and one things to be grateful for.

Some people are able to "force" being happy by telling themselves to be just that and this is what I really need to start trying to do more of. I know that it won't always work but trying to make myself have a positive mental attitude (P.M.A.) is bound to occasionally brighten my mood and get me off my backside. I used to spend most of my days barely lounging about but keeping busy with housework, making plans for the future, seeing family and I want to get back to doing so - with blogging and making more for Austara Signs thrown into the mix.

"Eyes bright, chins up, smiles on" is going to be my motto for 2014.  Whenever I can't find the energy to move or just feel well and truly down, I plan on using these six simple words to get myself going again. The world and life is very much what you make it. Why waste it sitting about feeling sorry for myself? What is is they say? "Fake it until you make it?" Well that's exactly what I plan to do.

This is the penultimate of my Tuesday's Thought of the Day (aww!) as I thought I would round off the series at 30. Next week I won't have a post for you as it's Christmas Eve and I will be swept off my little feet getting ready for Santa but I have found a perfect quote for the 31st of December, right before we jump into 2014. Fear not, I have a new series planned for Mondays instead and plan to sporadically do some more Thought of the Day posts throughout the year.

Until next time!


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. LOVE this quote Debi :)
    you might find my post from today interesting too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I love how this is actually a quote from The Hunger Games...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! I think it totally applies to how I want my attitude to be for 2014 though.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .