2014 Blogger Challenge | Skincare

January 17, 2014

 photo DSC02724.jpg

 Right, it's confession time. I am not as kind to my skin as I should be. Sometimes I'm too lazy and sometimes I just don't have the money to be spending on the skincare products that would probably be best for my skin. I don't have a particular routine that I stick to or must have products. I don't eat certain foods for the benefits to my skin. I eat what I want, when I want.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't as if I am blessed with flawless skin. Seriously, is anybody? I'm just like any of you. I suffer from blackheads, spots and blemishes. I get dry patches in the winter and I'm pretty sure I suffer from hyper-pigmentation as even the littlest cut leaves a scar. It can be a nightmare and has been known to knock my confidence in the past.

Nowadays, I have a pretty simple skincare routine. I wash my face twice daily with Neutrogena Visibly Clear: Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub although sometimes laziness kicks in and I'll use a face wipe in the morning instead. I know that face wipes seem to be a cardinal sin in the beauty world of blogging but at times it's all I can face doing. The Neutrogena Daily Scrub is the best I've used in a long time. I feel like my skin looks clearer and I suffer from a lot less break outs than I used to, although they tend to be hormone based anyway. I am looking for a cruelty free face wash that is just as good as I am trying to switch as many of my products to cruelty free in 2014. If you know a good one please let me know in the comments! I also use Mud Therapy Aloe Vera Deep Cleansing Mud Mask from Superdrug (cruelty free) once a week to give my face a proper clean which I love. It's affordable and leaves my face feeling fresh. I did write a review on this not long after I started using it which can be found HERE.

I don't really have a specific moisturiser that I use for my face hence why the photo is missing one. However, I do have a number of samples from lots of different companies that I'm loving, especially REN Skincare. Unfortunately, despite loving the products I really just don't have the money to spend on them. I use E45 Cream after my shower and occasionally it makes its way onto my face too.

Please let me know of any good, affordable skincare products that are cruelty free.


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

This is the 2014 Blogger Challenge topic two: Skincare
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

7 comments :

  1. Great post - I have followed. I have done a post on a super affordable but organic moisturiser at http://www.lippylikes.com/2013/10/nivea-pure-and-natural-day-creram.html Let me know what you think x

    ReplyDelete
  2. how convenient are face wipes for those lazy days haha. That mud mask sounds interesting, i'll have to check it out. :)
    Natalie♥
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe a little too convenient but a complete lifesaver when you are just too tired for anything else. Haha.

      Debi x

      Delete
  3. can never find the mud mask in superdrug, it's so annoying because it looks like a lovely product to use x

    Lucy x | Make Up Your Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really had to search high and low for it. Sometimes I find Superdrug's own brand tends to be hidden in store. I think you could always get it online though.

      Debi x

      Delete
  4. When I was younger I used a Nivea moisturizer and it worked great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .