2014 Blogger Challenge | New Year Inspiration

January 04, 2014

Hello and a Happy New Year to you all!

I can't quite believe that after weeks of preparations that Christmas and New Year are over. I had an amazing time filled with too much food, copious amounts of presents and the much needed family time but now it's back to the daily grind for many of us or, for me, housework, blogging and sorting out my life.

 photo BCtopic1.jpg

New year renews our hopes of reaching our goals and fulfilling our ambitions. When the clock strikes midnight on the first of January many feel that we are given a new beginning.  "New year, new me" is a phrase that has been floating recently with a lot of people looking upon it cynically, thinking it's a whole lot of rubbish. Honestly, I think it's a bit silly really to hope that a new year will bring a new you. What was wrong with the "old you" or the current one? Probably absolutely nothing. What I do think, however, is that the beginning of the new year is a perfect time to think about improvements you want to make for yourself and your life. Really, it should be "New Year, even better me."

I stumbled across this quote in a magazine this month and thought it would be perfect for the first 2014 Blogger Challenge topic which is New Year Inspiration. Yes, I know that it is another post with a quote in it - and just after I had retired my Tuesday's Thought of the Day posts - but it was just too perfect to pass on by. 

This year I want to challenge myself to take risks. Not crazy risks that may result in some rather negative consequences but calculated ones that could better our situation. I don't mean that I'll be bungee jumping or investing heavily in stocks. All I mean is that I want to bend some of my self-imposed rules and put myself out there a bit more. I am notorious for missing out on this, that or the other because I am scared of the implications. This year I am throwing caution to the wind and hoping to experience more. 

Well, that's what I hope to do anyway.

Until next time!

Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

 This is 2014 Blogger Challenge Topic One: New Year Inspiration
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. ooh this resolution is quite interesting!! i like it!! one of my besties came up with "there is no such thing as too much" which is pretty similar in a way, cuz both concern those 'self imposed rules' that u wrote about ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm trying not to have too many self imposed rules this year that will stop me from having a great year.

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. What a great quote. Oddly enough Ms Hepburn appeared in the book I'm reading at the moment - the biography of Lauren Bacall who mentioned Katherine when she and her husband were out shooting the African Queen. I like to hope that quote is about her love affairs and going against the norm of 1940's celebrity culture, when it came to filming she was rather a loner and spent most of her days writing letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really interesting. I didn't know that. I just like the idea of allowing myself to be different and doing what I want instead of what is expected of me. It was just perfect for the first topic.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .