Before I'm 25 | Update #6 & #7

January 31, 2014

 photo image-95.jpg

Firstly I should really apologise for not doing an update at the beginning of January. I normally aim to write my updates for about the first of each month but because of Christmas and New Year I completely forgot to. It wasn't until I was thinking about writing update 7 (recap on January) that I realised I'd clean forgot to do one for December. Never mind, you now get a double dose and maybe it will look like I've accomplished more.

1) Get married or at least set a date for later in 2014
This is the most exciting bit of news I've had in a really long time. We have set a date! We are currently in the process of paying deposits for our venue and registrar which will make it very much official. We've managed to book the registrar and venue as well as buy five bridesmaid dresses (thank you sale!) in the space of two weeks. I'm not worried that I only have six months to plan if I'm already that organised. Oh, and in case you're wondering, I become a Mrs on the 1st of August 2014.

4) Cook or bake something new every month (5/12)
I gave baking a whirl and made some simple biscuits for New Year and I even remembered to take photos while I made them so I could share my little accomplishment with you on this blog. If you want to see the recipe and maybe give it a go yourself you can find HERE.

11) Read 25 books (7/25)
I am still not doing very well with this target but the other half have taken to going to bed a little earlier most nights to read. How very grown up. This should at least help me to read a book a month which isn't going to see me hit my target but it'll certainly help.  In the last two months I re-read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. Seeing Catching Fire in the cinema gave me an overwhelming urge to re-read the series. I didn't read Mockingjay again because Christmas arrived and I wanted to get stuck into some new books. I've read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and have just started Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. 

15) Watch 50 movies I've never seen before (44/50)
I have seen a lot of movies in the last two months. This always happens at Christmas with people buying each other DVDs and having them passed from house to house so we all see them. In December I saw Catching Fire at the cinema and Now You See Me, The Host and Flight just after Christmas. I'm keeping a list of the films I've seen in 2014 though which started with the high-brow Sharknado but also includes films such as Warm Bodies, Sleuth and Something Borrowed. I will definitely be reaching my 50 film target.

32) Eat something I've never tried before
On Boxing Day, I went to my sister's house to carry on with the festivities and tried some cheeses I'd never eaten before. I also tried my first cup of peppermint tea which isn't eating something new but im going to let it count. It muat be said I think it's my new favourite drink. Nothing hugely experimental but still I think it means that I can mark this one off my list. 

34) Dye my hair a different colour than brown
I kind of dyed the ends of my hair red just before Christmas but it didn't turn out quite as noticeable and vibrant as I had hoped. I like the subtle difference though and I plan on dying all my hair a reddish brown either this weekend or next, just to do something different.

I do feel like I've accomplished more in the last two months than I had originally thought. There's plenty more on that list that I better get cracking on with!



Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. Yay for a wedding date! Congrats! Looking forward to all your wedding updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm sure there will be a lot of updates and posts about invites, decorations and all other wedding things!

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the wedding date! I hope you share many many photos :) excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'll probably blog about all the preparation (and day) a lot. I want to be able to remember everything about it. I hope that it won't annoy anyone! Haha.

      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your wedding date! Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just hope that my stress levels get better and it isn't this stressful for the next six months!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .