Games Pentathlon

January 10, 2014

 photo gamespentathlon.jpg

It may surprise you to know that I really love to play board games with my other half. Not only is it a lot of fun, and I'm surprisingly competitive, but it is a fantastic way to spend time with the other half without the television being on. Something that seems to be quite a rarity in our generation.

When I talk about board games I don't mean your stereotypical ones either like Monopoly or Snakes & Ladders although I am partial to a game of Scrabble Oh no. I'm talking about games like Summoner Wars, Heroscape, Magic of the Gathering. Suddenly you're no longer picturing me as your regular kind of girl but as a stereotypical nerd, right? However, that's not the case at all. I just like to play more unusual, challenging games that most people have never even heard of.

When the other half suggested a Games Pentathlon it was hard for me to refuse. What a great way to spend a rainy day than inside playing games, much like outer childhood. We settled on four games; Scrabble, Lost Cities, Dominion and CarcassonneWait. What?! Pentathlon means five, Debi. Well spotted. Gold star and a pat on the back for you. You see, we wanted games that were score based and could only find four. However, one of our games, Dominion, plays with a whole set of different cards each time and we decided to play two games of that. Hence we had five games.
 photo scrabble.jpg
 photo lostcities.jpg
 photo Dominion.jpg
 photo carcassonne.jpg

I won't bore you on the rules of the games (I think there is enough photos to fill out this post after all) although if you are intrigued let me know and I can explain them in a future post, perhaps. We had so much fun, laughing together, working out strategies to secure a win. Needless to say, I won every game - by a large margin on most - and so I was crowned the winner. Woo-hoo.

 photo DSC02711.jpg

The scores:
Scrabble  K: 193, D: 280
Lost Cities (played over three rounds) K: 150, D: 355
Dominion #1 K: 32, D: 52
Dominion #2 K: 31, D: 46
Carcassonne K: 121, D: 139

Loser had to do dishes. I'm glad I won!

Until next time!


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. A girl after my own heart! I am a game geek too, my husband bought me an Arkham Horror expansion for Christmas and I have a huge collection of Magic cards. I also play D&D, the ultimate geek game! Love the pentathlon - you kicked ass x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you. I haven't played Magic in a while but we have a massive stack of cards sitting in our cupboard. I love trying out new games. It's such a good way to spend a couple of hours.

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Ahh I love board games but haven't played one in the longest time!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should pull one out and play it when you next have a chance. It's such a good way to pass the time!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .