Monday Musings #2

January 13, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

Another weekend over, another week begins. Somehow I feel that this year has the potential to fly by. Already the Christmas holidays feel forever ago and our future weekends are being filled up with family events and exciting plans. This weekend turned out to be pretty good as the worst of my flu had finally subsided and I was able to take my dog to the vet as well as celebrate my sister-in-law's 30th birthday with only a sniffle and minor cough. Hallelujah. Anyway, a new week means a whole set of new questions so let's get started.

Who do you love and what are you doing about it? 
I love a lot of people: my family, the other half, my friends, my dog. I am the kind of person who wears my heart on my sleeve and so I'm constantly telling the people that matter that I love them and how important they are to me. I make sure to tell my family I love them every time I see them as they are so much a part of me and it is such a natural thing for me to do. I could do with phoning my mum more often to let her know that I'm thinking about her though.

What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree? 
I can think of one, in particular, that is quite controversial and I don't want to get into a debate about it so I think I will decline answering this. What I should say though is everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions.

What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?
I'm trying to think back to what things were like this time last year and what I managed to accomplish over the past twelve months but in retrospect I don't think I've changed much. I suppose that I am more confident about sharing my opinions on most things now that perhaps I wouldn't have been last year.  Just look at me blogging away, attempting to better my writing skills.

Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength? 
Neither and both. Crying is a sign of being human. Everyone and every situation is different but I believe that, so long as it doesn't hurt anyone, everybody should be able to express how they feel. I hate the mindset that "boys don't cry." Bottling things up is never good so why are boys taught that crying is for the weak or girls? Nonsense. Sometimes a good cry is just what is needed.

What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? 
Speak up more. I am quite the wallflower in most social situations, partially due to the fear of saying something stupid - or wrong! I never want to appear rude and so I never jump into conversations that are fast flowing and so, more often than not, I end up just being an observer to what goes on around me. Then again, being quiet, reserved and shy is part of what makes me who I am. Maybe I wouldn't really want to change that.

Do you celebrate the things you do have? 
Definitely not as much as I should. It is almost as though we are conditioned to want what another person has. After all, the grass is always greener on the other side. I have so much to be grateful for; my family, my health (post flu!) the roof over my head, love, and yet I am always saying that I want this or that. This year, as I've said before, I'm trying to focus more on what I have and not let what others have make me feel inadequate.
 
What is the difference between living and existing?
I believe that living is when you really experience life, you grasp just about every opportunity that comes your way with both hands. It doesn't mean that you have to travel the world or do something outrageous. It just means that you open yourself up to more so that you can look back in fifty years time and think, "Wow! I really did some amazing stuff!"

By contrast, existing is just coasting through life and I have to admit I am definitely more of a coaster. I am a major scaredy-cat when it comes to doing anything remotely out of my comfort zone and so I tend to stick to what I know more that really living and experiencing things. This is something that I am working on to change though. Baby steps just now.

How would you answer these questions?


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .