Monday Musings #3

January 20, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

After a weekend of rugby, badminton and family time I don't want it to be a whole new week. I'm not wishing my life away hoping for next weekend, I simply want to elongate the one that we just had. I spent all last week putting my flat to rights and having an early spring clean. Now this week I feel as though it's time to get my life in order and really start pushing forward with all my plans for 2014. 

First, it is time to ask myself, and answer, some more questions...


If not now, then when?
This is something that I have been asking myself a lot recently regarding big life plans. My mum, like probably all other parents, says that if you wait for things to be perfect or until you're ready then you'll be waiting forever. I would like to say that this year I will procrastinate less and will be up for jumping head first into things more but that just isn't who I am. I don't really do spontaneity and I have the tendency to mull things over before putting the gears into motion and getting the ball rolling.

Have you done anything lately worth remembering?
This completely depends on what you consider "worth remembering". I certainly haven't done anything life changing or that is going to affect the world but there have been a few moments lately that mean a lot to me. Spending time with my family and especially playing with my two year old nephew is something I consider worth remembering. My nephew, L, is getting to the age where he really engages with you and everything is a massive game. It's definitely the little things about spending time with all our family, particularly around Christmas, that is worth remembering.

What does your joy look like today?
 Like most other days, my joy looks like a rather furry face and a wonderful man. Living with these two and seeing them every single day makes me happier than I would ever have thought possible.

Is it possible to lie without saying a word?
I think that, in some cases, the omission of the truth is just as bad as a lie. Plus, sometimes guilt can be written all over your face and you don't need to openly lie for someone to know that you aren't telling the truth.

If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?
I truthfully don't know. If I'm honest, I think that me and this "friend" would fall out quite a lot but probably always remain friends.  Some days I can be quite harsh on myself. Let's be honest, who isn't? We all have bad days where we tell ourselves that we aren't good enough or pretty enough or smart enough. Having said that, it isn't all bad and I am not continually critical of myself. Truly if I was my own friend, I couldn't see myself being very encouraging to myself though.

Which activities make you lose track of time?
Reading. Spending time with my family. Playing games with my other half. Blogging. Pinterest. YouTube.  As the saying goes, "time flies when you're having fun."

If you had to teach something, what would you teach? 
If you mean in an educational setting then history. History fascinates me and it's about the only subject at school that I was consistently good at. Moreover, I actually enjoy reading up on historical events even now and I think a passion for a subject is important. I used to want to be a primary school teacher when I was about twelve but I saw the stresses and strains that come with the training and teaching, and I knew I couldn't do that to my mind and my body day in, day out.  

If not in an educational setting, I would like to teach compassion and equality. I know that they aren't exactly something that can be taught but I do feel as though, some days, the world is severely lacking in them.

How would you answer these questions?

Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. Great answers - wow these questions really make you think on a Monday morning! I actually find teaching people things really difficult because I have a hard time explaining things but I did manage to teach my mum how to crochet once. Although I don't know what else I could really teach anyone! As for loosing time i'm like yourself - blogging, reading, cross stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to want to be a primary school teacher but I gave up on that idea! I'm not very good at explaining things sometimes which would sort of make me useless as a teacher.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .