Monday Musings #4

January 27, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

I can't believe that we will be saying goodbye to January at the end of this week. I was right when I said this year was already flying in. Although it must be said that it feels like forever ago that we were celebrating Christmas and New Year. I've seen a lot of people already wishing for spring but I am surprised to find myself not quite ready to say goodbye to the snuggly jumpers and duvet days quite yet. To be fair, it probably won't be that long until summer is upon us and I'll be saying I don't want winter to come again.

Anyway, onto this week's questions to get me thinking...

What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?
A family. I think if I never had children I would really regret it. My own family means so much to me and I really want to experience the love, and bond, of a mum and child.

Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of?
I don't think so.

When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?
The people I have around me; family and friends who love me. I would love to have many wonderful memories of adventures, holidays and experiences but most of all I want the love of my family. It is what matters to me most right now and I can't see that changing in old age.

When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just do what you know is right?
I think you always have to be aware of the risks but that you shouldn't let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the game. I'll never be the kind of person who is spontaneous or reckless but that's okay. I should take minor risks a little more though. You know, live a little.

How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
Depends on the day that you ask me. Sometimes I'm nothing but silly with my sisters and other half and you can see my eighteen year old self, with a little less awkwardness. I think I'll always be my eighteen year old self at heart. However, on most days, I'd say about my age. It has been said I look young but I'm mature. For heavens sake, in the past month we sorted out a fixed rate mortgage, got life cover and have taken the steps to getting married. If that doesn't put me in my mid twenties I don't know what will.

Would you break the law to save a loved one?
In a life or death situation? In a heartbeat.

What makes you smile?
There is probably a list as long as my arm to answer this one. Of course, the obvious answer is my family and friends but there are other things bound to have me grinning from ear to ear: wedding related things, my rugby team winning, cute pictures of dogs, good skin days. Seriously the list is endless.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
More than likely. I do a lot of talking but I'm a bit of a chicken sometimes which stops me doing the odd thing here or there. I'll have done all the things that I deem important to me though and really, at the end of the day, that is all that matters.

I feel like I'm answering the questions the same sort of way every week so I hope you aren't finding my responses too repetitive. How would you answer these questions?


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest


** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. I know i'd regret not moving to the US if I had never had, that said I would have really regretted saying no to trying an international long distance relationship prior to that. I'm so glad we did. It's interesting you say about having a family, i'm really on the fence about it and i'm not sure if I'd regret not having children which is making me think I don't want them - it's my current daily turmoil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having a family is a very individual thing. I know it is what most people expect but that doesn't mean that it is for everyone. It's great when any relationship works out, even more so a long distance one. I think those are the ones that you really have to work at.

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. :) have you ever watched the film a Cinderella story? :) they use the quote 'never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game' :) I LOVE it! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched it forever ago but totally forgot that it used that quote. To be fair, that might have been where I heard it in the first place but I thought it fit well with that question!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .