Before I'm 25 | Update #8

February 28, 2014

 photo image-95.jpg

Don't be disappointed with me but...

I've had a bit of a rotten month in terms of my Before I'm 25 list. My mind has been so many other places what with a wedding to plan, birthdays and a christening to celebrate that I've just let it slip to the back of my mind. I always knew that some months would be better than others for completing my goals but due to either being busy or having a serious lack of motivation February hasn't been great.

11) Read 25 books (8/25)
I only read one book this month, Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling, and I was honestly a little underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong I wasn't expecting another Harry Potter but I had thought that her style of writing would at least make it an easy, enjoyable read. Sadly, I found the story quite hard to get into and with a lot going on else where in my life I didn't feel the urge to pick up the book and read it. I think it's safe to say I won't be making my 25 book target.

15) Watch 50 movies I've never seen before (47/50)
Apparently this wasn't the month for watching movies either as I seem to only recall watching three. When we had our pamper day and date night a couple of weekends ago we grabbed some popcorn and decided to watch Due Date, starring Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis. It wasn't exactly high brow but it made easy watching which is just what you want when you are having a lay, relaxing day. We also watched Tower Heist, starring Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy, which wasn't as bad as I had expected. Sometimes you do just need a film that doesn't require too much thinking! On the other hand, the other half convinced me to go to the cinema with him to see a not so light and fluffy film, 12 Years A Slave,this week. It was an incredible piece of cinema even if the subject matter made certain moments pretty hard to watch.

31) Make a collection of my favourite recipes
Whilst this collection isn't complete I did begin compiling my favourite recipes in a little notebook this month. To be fair, I think this will be a sort of ongoing project and so I am going to score this off my list because, as I say, I have made a start on it.

I promise to make more of an effort with my list in March, maybe I'll start making a list of all the things that made me happy in this year (16) or of all the places I went and things I did this year (17). Maybe I should make some time to write a five year plan and a letter to myself for my 30th birthday. Either way, next month, I'll have a lot more to share. Promise.


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. I love the idea of 25 before 25, it's just a shame I'm the wrong side of 25 to take part. Maybe I will create one for when I'm 30, and then I have 2 and a half years to panic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would like to have another list for before I'm 30 but at least I'll have five years to get everything done so maybe I can have more exciting things on my list! Haha.

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. This is such a great idea! I just turned 23 so I might have a go too. Thanks for sharing this one with us :) I was talking to someone about 12 Years A Slave the other day and they said something similar - might have to go watch!

    http://eleseaesthete.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good but pretty harrowing to be honest. I like my little Before I'm 25 List but I have found myself slacking a bit. I definitely need to try a bit harder to complete some more tasks!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .