Liebster Award | Part Two

February 21, 2014

 photo liebster.jpg


I was nominated for the Liebster Award back in July last year (you can find that post HERE) when I genuinely had just a handful of followers. Now here I am with over 100 followers on bloglovin' and yet more nominations. In fact, I've had three nominations to do the Liebster Award in as many months and I just can resist answering their questions in one big post. Thanks to all the lovely ladies who have tagged me :)

The rules are simple...
1. Display the Liebster Award logo on your blog
2. Answer 11 questions chose by the person who nominated you
3. Tag 5 – 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers to receive the award 
4. Think of 11 questions for them to answer
5. Thank and link back to the person (or in my case people) who nominated you

Questions from Kathryne @ These Are My Confessions
1. What is your favourite place in the world?
Home. I've been to plenty of lovely places on holiday but nowhere has ever come close to home. This probably has more to do with the people that are there rather than the place itself but being with the people I love, in an environment that I'm comfortable in, will always be my favourite place.

2. What made you start a blog?
I became obsessed interested in watching youtube and reading other blogs and decided I wanted to give it a go myself. I've always love writing and I was happy to finally have something to focus on that potentially could lead to bigger and better things.

3. Do your friends/family know about your blog?
Not all of them. I worry that they would think it was silly to have a blog with dedicated series or ramblings about things that I deem important to me but perhaps aren't as important in the real world. To a degrees think of my blog as a diary. I wouldn't share my diary with all my friends and family.

4. What is the best thing you have ever done?
It has to be the day I asked the other half to come over to my house for the very first time. It was genuinely just so that we could catch up, hang out and work out our feelings for each other but ended up being the start of our eight and a half year relationship. If I had never decided to ask him to visit then I wouldn't have my home, my dog and be getting married to the love of my life in a few short months. I wouldn't be the person I am now.

5. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you keep with you?
I don't know. I'm guessing if I was stranded it wasn't intentionally so it would probably just be what I always have on me: my keys, phone and hair grips. I'm not sure what use they would be though.

6. Where do you get blog inspiration from?
I suppose just my every day life. Being predominately a lifestyle blog means that when something happens in my life or I become immersed in an interesting topic, I tend to want to share it here. 

7. What's your favourite book/series?
I have a lot of favourite books so it is really hard for me to pick just one.

8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Married with one or two children in a new house, hopefully happy. I would like to have my own income, preferably my own business, and still be writing in some capacity. Whether this is achievable is still to be determined.

9. What's one thing you couldn't live without?
My family. Cliched but true.
 
10. What is your favourite blog? 
I have so many that I always find myself going on and on about. Ria at NatuRia Beauty and Inside a Bubble. Rachael at A Mad Hatter's Tea Party. Anna at A Whole Lot of Chitty Chat. Rachael at Dear Ms. Leigh.

11. What 1 post are you most proud of writing? 
I was proud of having the courage to write my two posts about anxiety found HERE and HERE but I also really have enjoyed writing my posts about unemployment, feminism and outgrowing friends as I think they show off my writing best. Possibly.
1. If you could visit anywhere in the world where would you go?
I would probably like to take my other half to Estonia as I completely love the country and have never had the opportunity to go with him. In terms of somewhere that I have never been to before I think Paris and Rome would be at the top of my list for the architecture alone. 

2. If you could choose would you be a fairy or an angel? 
Fairy. I guess fairies just seem so much more magical and seem to have less responsibilities. Plus, you just need to look at my collection of fairy ornaments and you know my answer! 

3. What’s your favourite chocolate bar? 
I have to choose one?! I love chocolate a little to much to be honest. If I absolutely had to choose I'd probably say Wispa. 

4. What one word best describes you?
Loving.

5. What one make up product could you not live without?
Oh, I don't know! Possibly mascara but the idea of me not being able to pop on a little foundation, blusher and fill in my eyebrows scares me at the moment! 

6. What do you think is the best modern invention of our times?
Ipad, iphone, blogs??? I'm not sure. Needless to say there are so many amazing gadgets just now that I either find myself using constantly or lusting over. I think the Internet in general is amazing. Yes, I know it's actually quite old but I don't know how I would cope without it now. 

7. What’s your favourite piece of clothing? 
Currently my big, cosy blue hoodied cardigan. I love it for keeping me cosy on cold days. I am also pretty fond of my wedding dress to though. 

8. Which Disney Princess did you most relate to as a kid? 
Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Not only was it my favourite of the Disney movies anyway, but I liked to think as a child I looked like Belle with my brown hair. Plus, I was always reading when I was little which wasn't thought cool. Oh, I want to watch Beauty and the Beast again. Where is my DVD? 

9. What’s your favourite flower? 
Orchids. 

10. What’s your idea of a perfect wedding? 
Marrying my other half. Okay, maybe that sounds a little cheesy. The more I plan my wedding the more I am certain that all the details of the day don't really matter. I just want to be able to call him my husband. As I keep saying, he's the one who wants the wedding - not me! I will be sharing lots of updates over the coming months though so you'll get to see plenty of my special day. 

11. Would you rather be rich or beautiful? 
I feel there are pros and cons to both answers but I would probably choose to be beautiful. That sounds bad, doesn't it?

Questions from Anna @ A Whole Lot of Chitty Chat
1. If you could give one piece of advice to your teenage self what would it be? 
Well last year I did write a whole letter to teenage self for my blog, found HERE, which pretty much sums up all the different things that I would tell myself if I had the chance.

2. Do you have any pick me ups & if so what is it/they? 
Listening to music or hanging out with the other half.
3. Who do you look up to the most in your life?
Probably my parents. They are both so hard working in their own ways and I am proud to be their daughter. My mum has turned her hand to so many different jobs and succeeded with them all and my dad is the most incredible stay at home dad, which can't have been an easy task with all of us growing up.
4. What made you want to start blogging?
See my answer to Kathryne's Question two!
 
5. What made you call your blog the name it is?
It was just a nickname I had that my sister gave me growing up. I didn't want anything that would tie me down to writing about one topic so this seemed perfect.
 

6. Would you ever give creating YouTube videos a go?

 No way. I hate being on camera. As a television student I used to have to be in front of the camera more than I cared for. It made me incredibly self conscious of the way I look and say things. As much as Youtube seems like fun and for many is the next step after blogging, I would rather just hide behind my keyboard thanks.

7. What is your favourite thing to do on a day off?
I don't know whether being unemployed means I always have a day off or never do. My life consists of housework, seven days a week, so I never quite have a day off. Even weekends aren't anything particularly special any more. A good day is spent taking the dog for a walk and watching a movie with the other half in the evening.
 

8. How long have you been blogging for?
It will be one year in April.
 
9. Have you ever been to a blog meet up?
No and I can't imagine doing so either. I would love to get together with the few girls I talk to on a regular basis but I couldn't see myself going to an organised blogger meet up/event.
 
10. What is the best thing about living where you live?
I think it's probably being close to my family. Besides that, I like being close to Glasgow city centre whilst not living in the city itself. Of course, the fact that the house prices tend to be lower than where my family live five minutes away is good too!

11. If you could be a fly on the wall in someone's house who would it be?
That's a good question. One which I don't really know the answer to.

My Nominees...
Michaela at The Giggles of Life
Michelle at Life Outside London
Ria at Inside A Bubble
Rachael at A Mad Hatter's Tea Party
Lauren at Lolly's Nail Paints
Madeline at Ring-a-Round a Rosey

My Questions...
1. Are you a morning or night time person?
2. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
3. Other than blogging, what hobbies do you have?
4. If you could swap lives with a celebrity for a day, Freaky Friday style, who would it be and why?
5. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
6. What is your ideal way to relax after a long day?
7. What is your favourite genre of music or band?
8. Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
9. Who do you compare yourself to or idolise?
10. What is your favourite season and why?
11. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose to call home?

Well done if you managed to make it through this mammoth post. Now go make yourself a cuppa and have a biscuit. I insist.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

7 comments :

  1. Aw thanks for answering my questions Debi :) I was a mix between Ariel and Belle - had the red hair and sprit of Ariel but I could usually be found in a Library or tucked away in a corner somewhere with a good book. Even today I still get a warm homely feel when I walk into a library or book shop. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for nominating me, lovely. One of my sisters was always Ariel for some reason whereas I was Belle. It's kind of funny how we sort of associated ourselves with specific Disney Princesses. I always wanted a library like the one in the Beast's castle - and I still do! It was amazing. If I'm ever a millionaire...

      Debi x

      Delete
    2. I'd just be happy with a large bookcase and a comfy chair but we never seem to have the room, one day I will get a wee room all to myself just for my books :) #livetodream

      Delete
  2. Aw you've made my day saying i'm one of your favorite blogs ... well bloggers. You know what I mean! I love orchids too, they are so stunning and their colours always amaze me although they can be a pain to look after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one of my faves! I love your posts about places in the US and all your amazing photos. I accidentally killed my orchid because I was trying to get it to bloom again. Oops! They are such beautiful flowers!

      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Planning on posting it sometime during the week. Thanks again Debi for nominating me. I'm glad that I'm among your group of 6 :D
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem, lovely. I look forward to reading yours :)

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .