Monday Musings #5

February 03, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

February already? I seriously cannot believe that.

The past week I have experienced just about every emotion going. I get so emotional when I'm stressed that it's quite frankly a bit embarrassing. I'm actually pleased to see this Monday roll around because just maybe I can sweep all the messy stuff from last week under the carpet and have a fresh start.

My weekend was spent trying to empty my mind of negativity. Wow, that sounds a bit new age-y. I just wanted to take some time for me and not worry about anything. I spent time just chilled out with the other half. We played video games and board games as well as spent an evening flicking through wedding magazines curled up on the couch with the duvet. We've even planned to give ourselves a little pamper session in the next few weeks. I had dinner with two of my sisters while the other half played poker with his friends which was great to have some girl time. I stayed up way too late to watch the Superbowl eating Skittles whilst the team I'd chosen to support lost. Typical.

And now it is Monday and I'm facing a set of tricky questions which I'm not sure I've answered all that well so apologies for that. These ones were hard.

If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be?
I guess that you only get to live this life once so you should embrace it. Don't spend too much time worrying about how you look or what others will think of you. Go with your heart and enjoy every day because even the longest of lives are too short.

If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I don't think I'd spend so much time worrying about money. I would have gotten married before now and had children already. I know that it might seem a little rubbish to only have fifteen/twenty years with your children but I'd want to know the bond and love between a mum and child. I would definitely be more willing to take risks in things like my "career" too.

What do we all have in common besides our genes that makes us human?
Our range of emotions? This isn't something I have ever really thought about before so it's really hard for me to answer.

If you could choose one book as a mandatory read for all high school students, which book would you choose?
Out of all the amazing novels out there you want me to pick just one? Maybe "All Quiet on the Western Front" by Erich Maria Remarque. I read it in fifth year at school (aged 16) and thought it was a really interesting take on World War One, as it is written from the German perspective which I think is sometimes something we lack growing up in Britain. It's nice to be reminded that in WWI they were just regular citizens too being fed all sorts of propaganda.

Would you rather have less work or more work you actually enjoy doing?
Being unemployed I would much rather have more work that I enjoy doing. There is nothing worse than feeling useless because you don't have a "proper job." Plus, I used to cope so well under stress with deadlines but now I just get into a flap about the tiniest things so it would be nice to be able to go back to that. I am trying to drum up some orders on my Austara Signs at the moment. That would be more work that I enjoy.

What is important enough to go to war over?
It's a good thing that I'm not the leader of a country because I honestly do not know the answer to this question. When innocent people's lives, on both sides, are at risk I find it hard to justify. However, by the same token, I would hate to stand by and watch people being mistreated or threatened or cases of genocide. Luckily, being Prime Minister was never my calling.

Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Probably never trying but, honestly, failing sucks. There are certain things that have failed in my life that I'm still pleased I gave a shot. I think that if you give something your best attempt and it doesn't work out then you can at least learn from your mistakes for next time. Nobody likes to fail but it is inevitable. After all, we aren't superhuman.

How would you answer these questions?


Please follow me on:
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest


** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. i agree with all of these, especially what you would do if we only lived to 40. these are all great questions that get you thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think life would be totally different if our life expectancy was only 40. I love questions that get me thinking.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .